Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
So a thought I had...

In FF12, the dictionary entry for Zodiark mentioned that he was deliberately kept a child because of his immense power; in FF14, Elidibus, the name associated with Zodiark, was implied to have been a child at the end of the msq. Did the Convocation take a gifted child and raise him (possibly also train him for it?) up for the sole purpose of being Zodiark's heart? Because, uh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I think they're in the same location, but just with the general "legion number vaguely resembles game number"

The XII legion was Zenos.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Eimi posted:

Easy term of phrase, rather the XI plot was that Altana was jealous that Promathia was the god of creation, and so she imprisoned him and stole his powers. She used this to create the five main races as her children to worship her. Promathia tricks the Zilart into freeing him and creates the beast races in revenge against Altana, vowing to destroy her creation. So you're stuck in the war between them. Promathia is totally justified but if he wins, well you all die horribly. Altana is as it turns out a horrible rear end in a top hat and worshipping her isn't good either.

I know this was a few pages ago at this point, but... I'm sorry, but having played and beaten Chains of Promathia, this is complete bullshit. None of it is true.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

What is true then?

E4: You know what, I made a complete mess of my explanation so I'm scrapping the whole thing and starting over (for all two of the people who scroll back far enough to care): *deep breath* Basically:

Promathia was the god of death and was planning to envelop the world in Emptiness using the power of the mothercrystal; in order to stop him, Altana took the mothercrystal, divided it into five and created the five playable races to contain Promathia's dispersed Emptiness. As children of Promathia we all contain a piece of that Emptiness (unlike the Zilart): it's what makes us mortal.

The beastmen did not exist until after Promathia's death, but a bunch of moblins (similar to goblins) found a statue of Promathia in their mines and started worshiping it because they assumed it was their god.

Chains of Promathia's whole story kicks off because Emptiness started leaking from the mothercrystals and Bahamut decided the only way to stop Promathia and the Emptiness was to wipe out the player races, so Promathia couldn't use that inherent Emptiness to resurrect.

On a final note, one of the characters in this is a samurai from the Far East named Tenzen, who wields a blade containing the soul of the terrestrial avatar Phoenix. And now you know where the Tenzen/Suzaku thing in FF14 comes from! :eng101:

Melomane Mallet fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 21, 2020

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Matoya complains Y'shtola hasn't visited despite being back for a while, and assumes Y'shtola did something she'd find embarrassing if Matoya found out. It sounds to me like Y'shtola doesn't want to admit she used Matoya's name on The First. :v:

The little details like this they put in the game will never cease to :allears: me.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Dvergrs in 11 had great designs. Hated fighting the one in Einherjar, tho. And, of course, I'm sure you've all at least heard of Pandemonium Warden...

Cleretic posted:

His throne would probably have to change, though. Voidsent aesthetic is more about cool colors with occasional warm accents (usually red) and weird objects of dubious power, so the orb seat does work better there.
Aforementioned Warden's color pallet would be what you want, yeah.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

A random thought I had today that I expanded on later: We know from 4.5(5?) that Garlemald has an almost religious reverence toward its emperor. These new towers seem to temper people to "worship" the empire. Are we heading toward a fight with an Emperor primal? I.E., Emperor Mateus from FF2?

Melomane Mallet fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 23, 2021

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Xarbala posted:

I get the feeling Fandaniel's gonna be Zenos' Reaper void companion

It's gonna be Anima. Change my mind. :colbert:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Checking his twitter, he started playing/posting about it on September 28th. Dude must have a lot of free time.

E: Also, apparently Yasumi Matsuno's personal, in-game character name is "Wandering Dramaturge". :lol:

Melomane Mallet fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Nessus posted:

The fact that we also beat Thordan was the thing that probably made them go 'gently caress, gently caress!' as I recall.

How did Emet put it? "Lahabrea's crowning act of idiocy"?