Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Beating myself up was great, 10/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I am concerned by how easily Graha decided to Rand Al'thor his past self but it all worked out in the end so lets not question it any further

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Loving wine and also being terrified of it is canon character development.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Didn't someone already beat up Venat?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
My only prediction is the astoundingly obvious twist that Venat is Azems actual mother.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Chillgamesh posted:

I hate that this is going to happen

They might even throw in Elidibus being Azems younger brother.

Nepotism trifecta.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
The bitterness in Emets voice when he said "but like so much else, this has been taken from you." was pretty telling.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's very weird to imagine up things that dont happen in the story to justify being mad about the character. Especially when it runs counter to basically all the actual text of the story

Cleretic.txt

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
It seemed like Ceaser Daemonfucker and Estinien were taking the blame for Regicide instead of Zenos, according to the imperial guards reaction at the time.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Eopia posted:

We're directly told that the Sound wasn't just that, it mutated non-ancient life exposed to it and also forced ancients to lose all control over their creation magic. The ancients from amaurot even visited and captured creatures from another city that had previously been exposed to it.

Like something being directly stated has ever stopped Cleretic from believing their own sadbrain fanfiction instead, nor has it stopped them from constantly spamming threads with said fanfiction every single time anyone ever brings the subject up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Kyrosiris posted:

But she committed the cardinal sin of not loving the thread's woobies.

But she is the?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Echo based precognition is a pretty good utility to have in combat.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
The Ascians clearly disagree with anyone saying the Echo isn't helping both the WoL and Zenos in combat in the ways stated. They almost wouldn't shut up about it at points. "How could a sundered become so powerful in the gift?!" "Beyond mortal limits." followed by a knowing look.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 1, 2021

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Zodiark killed less people than Hydaelin, factual statement.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Ironslave posted:

Whether or not Hydaelyn killed people depends on how you view existential questions like the transporter malfunction and mental forking. She divided people into 14 versions of themselves, but I imagine to each the only major difference was that certain metaphysical elements they were not keenly aware of were weaker.

That is explicitly death and reincarnation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I think Zenos was on some kind of supersoldier enhancement stuff even before he gained Resonance. He just thought the Echo was neat and wanted to add it to his list.