Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

cheetah7071 posted:

the world first team said they were consistently ahead of streamers by 1-1.5 phases. I don't know if they raided longer hours or were just better at the game, though

both. a group streaming their prog is a public declaration that theyre not in contention, because of schedule and/or skill. the streamer groups are obviously talented but for all the big raid groups theyre the b-teams. like arthar's group is the b-team for the unstreamed jp group that reported they got to nidd/hrae the same day tps did. its just how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
"yeah i know thematically this work is about how the power of hope is an incredible thing and even if it feels naive or pointless we should still believe in it because you never know what it can accomplish but also i think thats bad and they should pick my favorite character and blow their brains out on screen and i cry and cry and then next expac they do it again to someone else"

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
we literally convince emet selch to save a sanuwa and it only takes a small amount of begging, not because were just that effective at begging but because deep down he is a sentimental person and does care, he just does not like to show this. he was given the choice and chose to give the sanuwa the best chance at life he could, rather than just unzapping it instantly. thats literally the text of the story. i think people get wrapped up on the aspect that hermes's criticism has a note of truth to it and completely skip over how warped his thinking became about the matter. hes more wrong than right, and the smidgen of right does not absolve him of the wrong.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Valentin posted:

this is a great point. you only had to beg the unaccountable god-mage a little to not kill something on a whim, and he changed his approach! his culture's arrogant assertion they are the planets true masters and worthy to make and unmake life does not go on to inform either of the hosed up fascist empires he built or his genocidal quest to wipe the subhuman scum from the face of earth(s)

wait

I'm being snide obviously but Elpis is very obviously not meant to be entirely chill, and its callous attitude towards life is reflected across allag and Garlemald and Sharlayan in ways that are far more than incidental

dawg i literally said he was partially right! his solution to something bugging him was to get so self absorbed and wrapped up in it he let it dictate his entire loving life, instead of talking to the people right next to him who pretty clearly were not the scapegoats he made them in his mind. elpis had some weirdness to it! literally all society and human interaction has weirdness to it lol. the solution is to reach out, try to build understanding, try to change. believe in hope and believe in people! hermes wanted to just run away from the problem by assuming that somewhere else things must be better.

really truly incredible how no one in this thread can read.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Warmachine posted:

There's a huge difference in attitude between killing with the power to make and unmake life at will, and killing as a normal boring mortal. It is the center of every fable about "playing God" in science fiction. You have free, infinite do-overs (kind of a branch off my time travel points from earlier) and can just remake the butterfly/cow/dragon when you're done with it. There's no consequence to it. Not even "I killed the bull for beef so now I need to raise a new bull." lol just magic up a new bull tomorrow. Maybe give it wings lmao why not?

It's a bit weird you don't see the difference.

the difference is immaterial! the point of elpis is not "haha wow, hermes is so right about how bad elpis is, isnt it sad how sad he is?" its that hermes had a reasonable issue, but rather than try to meet people with understanding in an attempt to fix it, he indulged in his bad feelings and doubled down at every opportunity! it is literally theatrical (macbeth, not star wars) tragedy. the actions and choices he made make sense to us as things people could choose, but the consequences are unambiguously wrong. and they are unambiguously his. the sadness is both sadness for him, because of how misguided he was by his own humanity (something we all struggle with and have fallen to before), but also sadness for everyone he directly hurt and how clear as day that that they are worse off because of him. its complex! its meant to be! this is literally the power of media lol. come on.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Valentin posted:

hmmm yes tell me more about how the people with different opinions from yours must all be sex weirdos

e: ironically "anyone who disagrees about all of us wearing identical robes must just want to get naked and show off their genitals" is a great demonstration of why some people feel weird about the robes

you like to do this thing where people say something reasonable you dont agree with and your response is to cast them as some psycho about it. it sucks rear end and you should stop doing it because it makes you an insanely bad poster.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
you could lead with the part where you think its a bad analogy and not jump immediately to sex weirdo accusations over a funny video game. or you could just not do this at all.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

stev posted:

It just means I'm never gonna see it. Feels weird to be locked out of seemingly important story content.

yeah theyve literally never done this before, like when we learned what happened to omega in the msq

or when we learned about what happened to bahamut and the shards of dalamud, in the msq

or, whoa this ones crazy, when we learned about the fate of the rest of norvrandt and the aetherial balance of the first, in the msq

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
they genuinely hate dots in this game, hence the bard changes (also theyve said as much outright). its unfortunate because stormblood/shadowbringers bard was really fun and now its super boring. and i didnt play old summoner but this new version is super boring and also really obnoxious with huge animations in my face. seems like a mistake on my part!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
blufever lied about plenty of poo poo and the stuff they were right about was mostly story stuff, which couldnt be ascertained at the time because we did not have said story lol.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
but thats not true, given some of their earlier predictions were also dead wrong. like "swallow's compass has a hint for one of the next expac jobs". i do think, esp since the posting was happening on 4chan, that it was dishonesty

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
no one is saying he didnt have insider info lol. you can have insider info and also just lie about other stuff too. people do this incredibly frequently. often to look really important, which is something that often drives leaks specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
eureka and bozja are so hated that next expansion will have the third iteration of that content. you know, the thing you do when people hate something