Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

If you're an utter monster and reply "..." instead of "G'raha, really?" at the very end, his ears -droop- instead of perking up.

I'm not going to post a screenshot of this mindless violence, just wanted to point it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Guys, I have news about the Pendants. I didn't even catch it yesterday, but:

he's just sitting there, on the table. Watching.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

I had to log out for dinner so I didn't complete it, but there's a Several Cutscenes Play In Sequence at level 83 where Fancy Daniel shows up out of nowhere and Ascian Teleports you to Zenos for a dinner party, during which you find out you're in Random Imperial Soldier's body and your own body is slumped into Zenos' throne. (You saw this in the trailer over misleading audio.) Then Zenos teleports into -your- body and takes off for where all your friends are, and you start a 25-minute timed Escape From Garlemald duty where you're in this random rear end in a top hat's body who only has the paladin combo, Fight or Flight, and Rampart; and you have to get to your friends before Zenos (in your body) does.

I am shook.

Game is fantastic btw

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

The Garlemald plotline (at least when you first get there) is kind of a miss for me. It's like 2 solid hours of imperialists spitting in your face and your allies being bleeding hearts for these unrepentant assholes who basically murdered a shitload of people over time.

Sorry, game, I just really don't feel sorry for them and the whole sequence just kind of feels like padding.

Yeah, I did the one aether-current quest at the top of the ramp to Trivium because it was a "save my son who wandered off" quest and I needed -one thing- to go my way after all the everything in Garlemald, and it wound up being an annoying-as-hell stealth quest.

gently caress that kid.

and then I had a nice dinner with Y'shtola and nothing else bad happened at all

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

just discovered that (post-msq) you can't go back in Unending Journey and watch yourself punch Zenos in the face again, it skips from the scene where you answer his question to the one where you both pass out post-battle.

-5/10, expansion ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Every time I get the opportunity to speak to Alpha in these quests, I do it, because -just once- instead of "Kweh-kweh. Kweh!" I want it to be -three full pages- of "Kwehs" with Alpha looking very serious the whole time. Everyone else knows exactly what Alpha's saying except us, and nobody speaks of it again.