Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was a kid at exactly the right time for toys. I had buckets of the old LJN figures, plus random AWA figures even though I had no idea who those guys were. I did have the cool wooden AWA ring, though.

I had basically every Hasbro figure until the green card series, and some WCW Galoobs if they had any at the mall.

Wish I still had all those Hasbros. Those were the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I had 2 rubber WWE figures that had holes for your thumb in the butt: JYD and Hogan.

I think the idea was you were supposed to thumb wrestle with them

When I was four years old, three of these fell into my yard from nowhere: Piper, Volkoff, and Hillbilly Jim.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Growing up, I had thirty of those LJN Wrestling Superstars figures (the big rubber ones, with no articulation). Sure, they couldn't be posed into moves, but playing with my own "promotion" was some of my best memories as a kid.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My first wrestling figure was a WCW Chris Jericho figure that came with a chair and a whip and a tiny "lion" because he was the Liontamer

Somewhere I have a bunch of more modern ones including Rock and Austin Japanese figures, and matching New Day.

I don't shop at Walmart so I haven't even looked for the AEW figures.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

ChrisBTY posted:

You mean these? I was just in the right age group for these too. I loved the poo poo out of them even though they were really dumb in a lot of ways since they could only only do one thing. There were two Hogans; the one up there with the open hands and the even worse one that couldn't do anything but bear hug. You had the ones with spring action that all had funky growths on their back (that you were meant to press down on). But still, maybe it's the nostalgia factor but I still greatly prefer these ones to more modern action figures. They were so distinct and colorful and really made the whole "New Generation" thing make sense. I mean how much difference is there between a John Cena action figure and a say, Batista or Randy Orton action figure really?

There was actually a third Hogan figure that had the same spring-loaded punch move that the Jake Roberts figure did. As kids, my brother and I had all three. I've told this story before, but, in our matches, they were Hulk, Bulk, and Mulk Hogan, and they won a ton of six man tags.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TL posted:

There was actually a third Hogan figure that had the same spring-loaded punch move that the Jake Roberts figure did. As kids, my brother and I had all three. I've told this story before, but, in our matches, they were Hulk, Bulk, and Mulk Hogan, and they won a ton of six man tags.

One day my Hulk with the spring-loaded arm broke on impact and I cried, then later realized I could just pop it back together.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

TL posted:

That was actually the FOURTH Hasbro Hogan. Hogan 3 was the one with the HULKAPLEX!

(BTW, does anyone know why series 3 is relatively hard to come by? As a kid, I couldn't find them at KB, only at independently owned stores near why I lived.)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I remember having to put a heavy cloth on the toy ring because the banging around made too much noise otherwise.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Folks there's actually 5 Hogan figures from the Hasbro line.

6 if you count the Summerslam-carded reissue.

7 if you count the one that came with a JC Penney-exclusive ring.

I made a full checklist if you'd like to make a copy for your own GDrive https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13MF-4c9RPuSsSdFSCxbwCRn03IvskmqO_cJ-ufiwKIQ/edit?usp=sharing

It includes links to eBay searches for each figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

davidbix posted:

That was actually the FOURTH Hasbro Hogan. Hogan 3 was the one with the HULKAPLEX!

(BTW, does anyone know why series 3 is relatively hard to come by? As a kid, I couldn't find them at KB, only at independently owned stores near why I lived.)

Actually, I think that was one of the ones I had. I don’t think we had the one that did the gorilla press slam.