Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmmmm
1st Gen
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Goku
View Results

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah that's scary as hell. They were working on the next comeback I think. Hope she can recover well and it doesn't cause ongoing problems, she's one of my favorite performers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Bleh, I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

To counter with some good news:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654417wpp/watch-billlies-moon-sua-and-suhyeon-return-from-hiatus-resume-group-activities

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm still jamming to ILLIT.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

teagone posted:

I'm still jamming to ILLIT.

So how much time did you spend learning to do the hand choreo at full speed? :cheeky:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Le Sserafim killin this coachella performance

every kpop concert should have a live band too, cant tell me otherwise

EDIT: Niles there, sick

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 14, 2024

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they did pretty well but a good rule of thumb for hybe would be if you cant do the choreo while holding a mic it’s too much lol

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
They got some (minor) flack in Korea during a live performance of Easy with their vocals making it clear it was anything but.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It was a music show encore performance, where they have no in-ears and are having to sing with the studio audio delay (if you ever see phone recordings of an encore performance you can hear how bad the delay and echo is). Not every group can be NMIXX. I much prefer them not sounding perfect but being high energy to groups that rely heavily on backtracks. The only time they didn't sound great last night was during Smarter, but that was more because of the arrangement during that song dropped out to almost nothing combined with the choreo demands. I was hyped to see Fire in the Belly, I thought they were closing with Easy.

Speaking of, the live band versions were so good and 1000% inspired heavily by Blackpink's band arrangements, down to the chords and fills the band added in. I had to do a double take to see if it was the same band even. It works great though, really hope they use them for the tour.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 15, 2024

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

they did pretty well but a good rule of thumb for hybe would be if you cant do the choreo while holding a mic it’s too much lol

The majority of their set was super high energy, but yeah, for the first few tracks before they put on headmics I thought to myself "they should be wearing those headmics, lmao" -- LSF's choreo has too much movement for them to be holding a microphone. Finished watching a copy earlier, and I enjoyed their set a lot, but man western streaming/production of music shows at festivals is so rear end lol.

Bottom Liner posted:

It was a music show encore performance, where they have no in-ears and are having to sing with the studio audio delay (if you ever see phone recordings of an encore performance you can hear how bad the delay and echo is). Not every group can be NMIXX. I much prefer them not sounding perfect but being high energy to groups that rely heavily on backtracks. The only time they didn't sound great last night was during Perfect Night, but that was more because of the arrangement during that song dropped out to almost nothing combined with the choreo demands. I was hyped to see Fire in the Belly, I thought they were closing with Easy.

Closing with Fire in the Belly was dope. I thought they were gonna close with Easy too, which would've been interesting, but maybe it's too chill. Eve, Psyche, and the Bluebeard's wife would've been fun to end on I thought -- sounded like the crowd was loudest during that performance.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 14, 2024

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
watching le sserafim right now, gently caress yeah Chaewon

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Yunjin was the MVP imo, she sounded great and was clearly having an amazing time, I wonder if being on her home turf gave her some extra energy (yes I’m aware that she’s from NY, “home turf” is relative)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The REAL Goobusters posted:

watching le sserafim right now, gently caress yeah Chaewon

She sounded great during The Great Mermaid :allears:

DC Murderverse posted:

Yunjin was the MVP imo, she sounded great and was clearly having an amazing time, I wonder if being on her home turf gave her some extra energy (yes I’m aware that she’s from NY, “home turf” is relative)

She definitely had the line of the night at the start of Smart, lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

.Z. posted:

So how much time did you spend learning to do the hand choreo at full speed? :cheeky:

I lack the coordination to do any kind of kpop choreo. Lol. Looking forward to more ILLIT promotions :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3m2S0u0Nk

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
yeah this coachella performance was IT man. Le Sserafim definitely proved they're in the upper echelon of LIVE kpop acts. That poo poo was just hitting so hard

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Bibi just appeared in the 88rising showcase to do her new Korean singles and a duet with Jackson Wang. She looked amazing of course, but when I went to see what Twitter thought I learned that she’s apparently going to bomb Iran with backing from the United States?

Not cool Bibi

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
the key with Le Sserafim's performances IMO is the vibes. the vibes are unmatched which means any vocal flaws from kkura, eunchae or zuha are totally fine

but also they should probably give them fewer songs in the low register of Easy

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

dshban posted:

but also they should probably give them fewer songs in the low register of Easy

That's a mixed ask since most of them have naturally lower registers but singing low requires more breath and keeping things more open, which is harder when doing a bunch of choreo. Same reason tuba players have to breath a lot more than trumpet players in marching bands. I think Eunchae sounded second best behind Chaewon who always kills it. I hope they keep using the lower register because it works with their music and is rare in kpop.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Bottom Liner posted:

That's a mixed ask since most of them have naturally lower registers but singing low requires more breath and keeping things more open, which is harder when doing a bunch of choreo. Same reason tuba players have to breath a lot more than trumpet players in marching bands. I think Eunchae sounded second best behind Chaewon who always kills it. I hope they keep using the lower register because it works with their music and is rare in kpop.

you are smarter (baby smarter) about this than me!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Missed this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWA_29sBefU

so good

also it's interesting that i recognize one of the dancers from the dream of you performance vid. good to know they get consistent gigs

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JgwyxF2vfE
Banger.

Nananana nana nana na

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Boomerang and He Said are the standouts on the album for me, and it’s above average overall, but the whole thing feels a little paint by numbers and lacking any real identity or direction.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum
I've listened to 2 ARTMS tracks so far and that's 2 for 2 with some legit d&b production. Someone knows something again...

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

teagone posted:

but man western streaming/production of music shows at festivals is so rear end lol.
the hell? Coachella’s YouTube livestream is the best in the world

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Paperback Writer posted:

He's talking about korean music show camera operators. But yeah I agree for a music festival like Coachella you are getting the best of the best. In fact this year more than any other year since has really focused on these artists performing for the livestream (see Doja Cat)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

A lot of the livestream production has been terrible this year, from awful camerawork to bad sound. Some of the artists/stages are good, but some are embarrassingly bad. The Ateez set was particularly awful coverage, which sucks because they were performing their asses off like always. Like 90%+ of their set was one single camera zoomed way too far in and struggling to keep up or be steady.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I saw the smart coachella performance on tiktok and thought it was abysmal but there's a lot of choreo so sure, but then I saw perfect night and for the parts they're just walking around it sounds even worse and Sakura somehow sounds better than half the group, probably the worst kpop performances I've seen outside of a survival show. At least Ateez performed really well.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

He's talking about korean music show camera operators. But yeah I agree for a music festival like Coachella you are getting the best of the best. In fact this year more than any other year since has really focused on these artists performing for the livestream (see Doja Cat)
True that the camera operators aren’t very experienced with Kpop acts. But for the majority of the sets I absolutely love the cinematic quality of their shots, can’t think of another festival that has better eye candy on the screens or better production. And sure some audio issues are going to happen on the 100+ streams that happen.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 16, 2024

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmgGZbfjmk

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Paperback Writer posted:

It's been mentioned, but yeah, I was referrring to the camera work, lighting, sound, bitrate, etc. Could be limitations of what you can do with bringing the festival experience online, but my baseline comparison was to Korean music shows and kpop in general; I only watched LSF's and Ateez's sets on the Coachella livestreams, nothing else.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ILLIT owns.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnUfgPXK-lQ

Maybe their best song? So good.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

NewJeans having a 2 day fanmeet at Tokyo Dome for their Japanese debut is insane. Crazy guests too. And 24 songs is a whole rear end concert.

Is anyone else entering the ticket raffle?

wish me luck goons.

my wife will be coming with.
she knows nothing about this, but I can't be a mid-40s goon going by myself.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Are you in Japan or trying to get a ticket as a traveler? My friend was in Osaka when they had one of the big award shows in 2022 and they had to go through some crazy process to get a resell ticket transferred to them. Good luck either way, I'm sure it'll be cool as hell.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Thanks ,I'll travel there from Canada specifically for this.
I'm unreasonably obsessed with newjeans.

Apparently for global fan club members, payment is automatic from your credit card if you win?
Anyways will cross that bridge when I get to it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn

Development
Jun 2, 2016

I love the commitment to newjeans! go for it :allears:

also drat ILLIT fuckin rules

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Ok so I gave my credit card details when entering the raffle.
If I win I'm supposed to pickup my tickets at any Japan 7-11

2 shows at the Tokyo dome is 110,000 ppl, so I guess my chances are ok?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

:hellyeah: good luck goon

Soojin comeback next month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Development
Jun 2, 2016

ok i’m a sheesh convert

https://youtu.be/kw5L5B1C2y0?si=LOHHfZGBRTOcXbhy