Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmmmm
1st Gen
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Goku
View Results

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bibi landed the stellar blade gig but man i have a large insect aversion so feelings are mixed here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj0DBzA7tTQ

track whips tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

quote:

a song with NMIXX as the performers was registered on ASCAP recently👀

— ‘FOXTROT’ written by Steve Aoki and Genuino Jennifer
— ‘TURN UP THE SUN’ written by Natalie Dunn and Genuino Jennifer

hype

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
since i watch the [MV] releases via RSS now, everything's equally weighted and not influenced by updoots, so i get a lot of lesser known stuff in my feed.

this is really fun and catchy, both vid and song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1DmK_8uYQ

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

bibi landed the stellar blade gig but man i have a large insect aversion so feelings are mixed here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj0DBzA7tTQ

track whips tho

holy poo poo this is so good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://x.com/waterbomb_la/status/1781128049712578990?s=46

👀

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
WOW this looks fun as HELL

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Someone got ripped after last week, because the production and stream for Ateez is 10x better this week. Still not as good as the Blackpink sets last year, but that's likely because this isn't the main stage.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

smooth jazz posted:

Ok so I gave my credit card details when entering the raffle.
If I win I'm supposed to pickup my tickets at any Japan 7-11

2 shows at the Tokyo dome is 110,000 ppl, so I guess my chances are ok?

good luck! should you be successful you should get a code or something like that which you put into the Pia machine at the 7-11 (I used the Google Translate photo mode on my phone to read the screen) & then you'll get a receipt which you take up to the attendant. Paying now is a plus, sometimes they make you go into the 7-11 to pay by a certain date (which is obviously a bit hard to organise when you're overseas).

fwiw, if you end up needing it, I was able to buy second-hand tickets while in Japan using Ticket.co.jp. It's a bit more complicated than you'd like & in this case because it's a fan club event it may be harder to do that because the name would be printed on the ticket (and theoretically they can check the name at the door, though they've never done that at the 4 shows I've been to in Japan).

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Someone got ripped after last week, because the production and stream for Ateez is 10x better this week. Still not as good as the Blackpink sets last year, but that's likely because this isn't the main stage.

Yeah, it was a night and day difference. They clearly got someone in who's familiar with them, you could actually see the choreo for Say My Name and Hala Hala this time.

The performance itself was as great as always, never seen them go less than all out.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dem Jointz on the first of two new Ive title tracks, I am very intriqued

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sserafim at coachella rn lets GO

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen
They remembered to pipe the backing vocals into the stream audio this time around

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The hate for them last week was way overblown. They did great and are killing it tonight.

This drummer is a god too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah good show :) they seemed more confident this week when it couldve been the opposite

grimes mixed some ive into her set earlier in addition to the expected blackpink/jennie

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 21, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

grimes mixed some ive into her set earlier in addition to the expected blackpink/jennie

did she apologize for a terrible set again?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they did a bit at the beginning with a fake newsreel about how the AI overlords infiltrated grimes corp or something it was lame

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Chaewon forever

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:hai:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://x.com/tmikpop/status/1782272657745916240?s=46

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen
Pour one out for Cherry Bullet, they just posted on Weverse that they’re done. Yuju, Bora, and Chaerin are staying with FNC for some reason.

Edit: Also BB Girls changed companies (under H1-Key’s company now), but Yujeong is leaving.

pokecapn fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 22, 2024

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://x.com/tmikpop/status/1782281910149853561?s=46

https://x.com/nightstar1201/status/1782305817653584323?s=46

ador put out some statement saying ‘nuh-uh, also ILLIT copied newjeans’. not sure I’d recommend bringing dumb stan arguments into court tho

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 22, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

:lol: what a loving mess.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if hybe's allegations are true it's a crazy attempted power grab especially considering they originally owned ador outright and gifted her the 20% stake in the first place.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

pokecapn posted:

Pour one out for Cherry Bullet, they just posted on Weverse that they’re done. Yuju, Bora, and Chaerin are staying with FNC for some reason.

Edit: Also BB Girls changed companies (under H1-Key’s company now), but Yujeong is leaving.

drat wtf its so over

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

pokecapn posted:

Pour one out for Cherry Bullet,

Reminder that Love So Sweet is one of the best tracks in the last 5 years

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

ador put out some statement saying ‘nuh-uh, also ILLIT copied newjeans’. not sure I’d recommend bringing dumb stan arguments into court tho

God that's ugly. Both sides have gone nuclear.

Hoping for the best for the girls who are caught in the middle.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

discourse is crazy rn. ador is being accused of causing every bad thing that happened to any hybe artist through their alleged leaks

just saw this story with a MHJ interview where she says she could never seize management rights with 20% of the holdings ie 'that would be crazy for me to attempt so why would i do it' which is probably the best line of defense lol
https://t.co/4izAfKuvAr
the previous offensive where she immediately pitted newjeans and illit against each other not a great look though

dont see it ending well, best outcome is probably they reach some settlement for her to leave

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah I imagine she’s done with Ador at the least. If she did leak artists info or push rumors she will be blacklisted from the industry if not face criminal charges.

Edit: yep, HYBE apparently asked for her resignation. I don’t think she’s going to go quietly. Get the popcorn.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 23, 2024

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://x.com/tmikpop/status/1782594252653924446?s=46

we missed out on saudjeans

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I know there's been a few back and forths with the "is it okay for idols to date?" thing over the years because some companies welcomed it and others were very much the opposite, but the reveal that Rado from Black Eyed Pilseung and Bomi from Apink have been dating for 7 years almost feels like that era of being group/career damaging is over.

Apink's fanbase has always been a bit resistant to change and by the groups own account a bit more conservative than most kpop fanbases, but I guess a lot of them are in their 30s now and theoretically matured. Her letter to Apink fans confirming the relationship even noted she was worried it would change their perception of her, but it seems like it was really welcome news for the majority of their fans which is really sweet.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 23, 2024

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqJIBItJeyg
I enjoyed Yuqi’s freaky music.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Does Cardi B get a songwriting credit for that?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Redezga posted:

I know there's been a few back and forths with the "is it okay for idols to date?" thing over the years because some companies welcomed it and others were very much the opposite, but the reveal that Rado from Black Eyed Pilseung and Bomi from Apink have been dating for 7 years almost feels like that era of being group/career damaging is over.

Apink's fanbase has always been a bit resistant to change and by the groups own account a bit more conservative than most kpop fanbases, but I guess a lot of them are in their 30s now and theoretically matured. Her letter to Apink fans confirming the relationship even noted she was worried it would change their perception of her, but it seems like it was really welcome news for the majority of their fans which is really sweet.

i think it is just OK when the idol is 30 because the lame fans who would be weird about it have probably moved on to some younger group. aespa just had the Karina thing happen

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ECgGWuoew

i'm feeling this one's a bit much tbh. Too much going on? it's soooo busy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

today's tea is pretty interesting with the timeline of MHJ coming to hybe to start their first girl group with source music, seemingly getting into a feud with bang PD, taking the source trainees and staff to ADOR and saddling source with a bunch of debt, which explains bang basically speed-launching le sserafim by signing the izone free agents, calling up yunjin who had gone back to america and grabbing kazuha from an online audition, and then using BTS staff

https://twitter.com/taesoothe/status/1782785669959467409

i bet you can guess if she's being blamed for gfriend disbanding

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 23, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't even know Le Sserafim had 6 members originally.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think it is just OK when the idol is 30 because the lame fans who would be weird about it have probably moved on to some younger group.

The spouses of first-gen group members still get death threats on the reg. Those fans have been actual batshit crazy for 25+ years now.

Redezga posted:

I think it helps that the BEP-produced comebacks revitalized Apink's image, brought in new fans, and kept the group going for another 5 years after all their contemporaries disbanded or fell apart. You can't argue that dating interfered with anyone's work with those results.

Stan twitter is probably re-contextualizing all of Bomi's interactions with STAYC, which should be pretty fun.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I didn't even know Le Sserafim had 6 members originally.

Yeah their 6th member got caught bullying or some poo poo in high school which is the death knell for anyone in that industry. People at the time alleged they had that controversy to get more media attention and accelerate their careers lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Some of the rumor throughlines are crazy. MHJ drained Source (killing Gfriend in the process), Source was saddled with a bunch of debt and left with little staff, scrambled to debut Le Sserafim, and then MHJ maybe even leaked info to sabotage them re:Haram controversy.

In good news Yuqi’s album sold like crazy already, passing 500k preorders which puts her very high in the highest selling soloist charts and around what Nayeon did.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Le Sserafim's inception being some sort of ad hoc girl group is kinda wild. Makes their success even more impressive, and their group name super poetic, lol.