Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmmmm
1st Gen
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Goku
View Results

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Bottom Liner posted:

Preview from last night. Was a really special night. Even got to meet them and say hi before the show. They were so friendly to the security and theater staff when we did a walkthrough while they were doing a soundcheck.

The show itself was incredible. Queencard hit real hard live and finally won me over as being better than Allergy. Their solos were all sick, and they even did the nightmare version of Put it Straight from Queendom with all the theatrics and staging.

thats so awesome, lucky lucky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

ZypherIM posted:

Somehow didn't notice yall discussing the idle ep lol. I'm sort of split on it overall, at least one of the tracks is just terrible (flip it), the title and eye roll are pretty solid even if they're missing a certain edge that soyeon gets when shes got more control over the whole thing, tall trees is okay but not my taste. On the other hand, I think that one thing that has improved the overall quality of their output in the past has been when they do some stuff like this. It lets them all mess around in a different space then usual and all that jazz.

i really really like Idle but seems about par for collabs with production from outside of the kpop world. disappointing; even the story video for "I want that" feels a bit lifeless. but to be optimistic all of idles output prior was terrific, I'm sure they will get a new EP with soyeon and old frequent producers(hopefully yummytone) out by early next year

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

lol, not what i expected but i like it

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

its a very cool looking video, wish i liked the song a little more though

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Katreus posted:

Re: Title Track - Soyeon was very inspired by that Atlanta performance by Beyonce.

I've been checking out the b-sides, and there's a Soyeon one that sounds like it should be an anime ost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJVWOOsB4A

I'm also fond of Minnie's song, which sounds a bit like a grown-up version of the sound popularized by New Jeans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk9-O-NmIJo

after listening to the whole album i think its really good. super lady has a lot of little stand out parts, its not quite an earworm like wife

Bottom Liner posted:

I would kill for a Minnie solo release. Especially with the tour version of Dahlia. She probably has my favorite voice in kpop and the music she writes fits it perfectly while still fitting in with Idle's discography.

she has a handful of little one offs... i like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPLX4Y37dD0

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Jonny 290 posted:

new...<checks notes> ichillin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOsDkqm52t8

Now i want some chicken.

this was fun

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

wow what an unexpected song choice, one of my favorites from that SES album though. brightened my day to hear it

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smdmEhkIRVc

really liking the bibi bside... the ELO synth melody, the mark mothersbaugh type arrangement. its great, but short like everything lately -_-

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

boop ba-boop ba-boop ba-boo :3

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

loving it, they are so good

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Bottom Liner posted:

Some of the rumor throughlines are crazy. MHJ drained Source (killing Gfriend in the process), Source was saddled with a bunch of debt and left with little staff, scrambled to debut Le Sserafim, and then MHJ maybe even leaked info to sabotage them re:Haram controversy.

In good news Yuqi’s album sold like crazy already, passing 500k preorders which puts her very high in the highest selling soloist charts and around what Nayeon did.

the Yuqi pre-release wasn't my cup of tea, but i like Freak and am glad shes killing it

i like new jeans, imt not the biggest fan or anything but i was surprised looking at a couple threads about the situation on reddit and how everyone is screaming bloody murder at MHJ. i mean its business, all these corporations are taking the lions share from these groups anyway unless they become top tier and renegotiate later on. there are definitely reasons someone who developed and created this "product" to want to improve their position now that nwjns became i guess one of if not the biggest new group in a while, they make it sound like its pure evil haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

non-performance necessary song imo. could be anyone doing this. i didnt hate it