Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

I have been seeing lots of wild turkeys on the road this year, here's one:

unfortunately when you get close they run away. they are big suckers! cassowaries of north america!

also this evening I saw a bald eagle fly right overhead, it was real cool but no pix unfortunately

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

This reminded me of the owl i had chillin my oak tree last week!

that is a real nice Oak and a real nice Owl

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

here is a lovely forest of what I believe are Sitka Spruce trees on the oregon coast, these ones are all windswept lookin

and these ones are a few layers in so they look more normal, this mountain was also generating a cloud from the ocean breeze on an otherwise sunny day so it looked all misty and cool inside

alnilam I meant to say these are real nice photos, I am jealous of ur location, altho it is nice here too

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i saw a ninja frog, but just barely

nice, very ninja

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

today I hiked up a (modest) mountain. I saw this lovely coral fungus:

a tree mushroom that looks like mick jagger:

a mountain stream with many peble:

speaking of plant monsters, on top of this mountain was a boggy area with carnivorous sundew plants:

oh yeah and a bunch of trees and stuff:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

many good finds but please tell about the carnivorous plants!

those are sundews. a little hard to see on my crappy cell phone photo, but the sort of star-shaped red plant (at the upper left) with round pads at the end of its stalks has a bunch of hairs that have tiny beads of moisture at the tips. these are actually very sticky, and insects that touch them will become stuck and the plants can digest them (they use insects for nutrients that are not available in the soil).

there are some rather disturbing time lapse videos on youtube that show various types of sundew (they come in a bunch of different shapes) curling around a trapped insect as it struggles

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

I took a picture of this cute bear last year. He's munchin on a dandelion. Bears love dandelions apparently.

nice photo, cool weird fact about bears

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

yeah I love that album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkFkkNaYvhQ

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I saw these cool mushrooms on a hike today

I have no idea what they are, they are not chanterelles, they could maybe be jack o lantern mushrooms I suppose. that would be cool, those things glow in the dark!

reference pic of jack o lantern mushrooms:

ty nesamdoom!