Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Loved that first episode, as it was wrapping up I wasn't sure what it might be going forward from there, but then the last few minutes and the preview made me very interested in seeing what comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I think it's outright stated that he's a Korean War vet and it seems likely that she would be someone he has (or had) a relationship with, but the scene has some extra flavors added since he a) called Korea, but didn't actually talk to her, and b) she seemed extra concerned that he had gone home. Both of those things could have perfectly mundane explanations, but the second part makes me wonder if the two of them had a pretty good idea he was heading into some weird poo poo if he did make that trip.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Frankenstyle posted:

I thought it was great. I also thought the first episodes of The Outsider and Watchmen were great, so I'm super worried that once again I'm Charlie Brown and HBO is Lucy holding the football.

I'm a little worried about that myself after the Outsider, but whatever, so far i'm in.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

anothergod posted:

But I didn't come here for that. I'm really curious about scene where Atticus goes to Uncle George's shop. At the end when Uncle George says he's going to look into Atticus' dad's theories of a secret legacy, there's a woman who laughs and then says "I'm serious don't delete that". What does that mean? The time stamp is ~14:40.

It's part of the song that plays

TheAardvark posted:

One thing I was surprised by was the decision to play blatantly out-of-era music on the soundtrack, specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-8qrzg-vgQ

(It confused me at first as well)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

When the heck do the episodes go up anyway?

e: apparently now (well, probably at 6 Pacific)

Oh good, some sort of wicker person/may day thing. That always works out well for everyone

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 24, 2020