Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emergency Exit
Mar 11, 2009

Virginia Slams posted:

I'm mixed on the ending : All that build up of Christina as the powerful sorceress just to be killed off so easily. If all they had to do was have Ji-ah do her tail thing why even bother letting it get to that point trying to use the binding spell like they did. They could have just had her sneak up during the ceremony and do whatever it was she did. It obviously didn't kill her so it seems like it was a viable option. Even if they didn't use her as the main plan it seems she would have been a good back up to have ready instead of just letting Atticus die then use the tails once it's too late.
My read on it was Ji-ah completed the binding for the spell. Tic consumed Titus's flesh but not Christina's (it was fake). Leti mentioned he and Christina were too far apart, and she needed them closer together. Ji-ah got to the stairs where the source of the spell was (the smoke) to combine Tic and Christina through her tails and allow Leti to finish the spell. She had a flashback memory of her visit with the shaman that she'd "become one with the darkness", so she was reluctant to do it because she thought it meant giving into evil, but realized it meant becoming one with the darkness in the smoke/spell for Tic, so his death wouldn't be in vain, using her powers for her friends.

Emergency Exit fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emergency Exit
Mar 11, 2009

untzthatshit posted:

I figured it was Christina as soon as she handed over the blood before they got in the car. Ruby's been cold as ice this whole show and all of a sudden she has a change of heart? And the way she was like "you're my sister I love you so much" just seemed disingenuous immediately preceding the cemetery scene where she was very clearly like "you only wanna be my sister when you need something from me".
In the scene with Ruby and Christina, the vial from her original spell with William, was barely full--with the bits of her nails, hair and blood. You could mostly only see the yellow from the color of the cut glass. The vial she hands Leti in the scene right before they leave was bright red, filled to the very top with only pure blood. That's what tipped me off. Then she chose to go on the trip with them, instead of saying "I have to get back to Christina before she knows something's up", and that's when I knew for sure.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Someone on Twitter just pointed out that in comic books Hippolyta is the mother and maker of Diana (aka Wonder Woman). Dee's full name is Diana Freeman.
Hippolyta is also queen of the Amazons in mythology too, which is why I found it interesting she traveled to train with the Mino. That Twitter pic is awesome too. It comes full circle. I loved the afrofuturism storyline episode. I agree with everyone who said her character is one who is typically shunted to an emotional support role and it was awesome to see her character growth.