Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I lost track of the time and though we were at the ending more times than Return of the King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AtraMorS posted:

Rats in the Walls meets Re-Animator sounds like an accurate description to me.

edit:

In schools, it's called US History.

More true than you know; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie

Likely inspiration for the story for the mansion.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Incelshok Na posted:

I'm disappointed that Peele is having such a hard time transitioning to TV. He's spent most of his life in TV so he should understand how it operates but it never quite connects. His movies, on the other hand, are outstanding. Keanu, Get Out and Us all knocked it out of the park.

Raised expectations, I guess?

He's just an E.P., meaning he attached his name to the project for marketing and funding purposes. Thats all his involvement.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe I missed something, but why why did they keep talking about tripping up to Boston if they were going to a museum in Chicago?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I think I was just thrown off by the quick scene jump and Tree still being there even though he said he qas going to Philly.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Given the lines immediately after the sex the implication she was she was a virgin. I dont see how it lessons her as a character. There was chemistry between the two all through the series so far and theyd been friends since they were kids. It wasn't like she just jumped on the first dick she shared a traumatic experience with.

I can see where you can be thrown off by the age of the actors but the characters are supposed to be 20s.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's also a very rote toxic masculinity response to the situation. "What two men do in their own home is none of my business, but I will cut you if imply I'm in any way like them." It fits with what we know of Tic, dorky ignored kid in school, ran away to join the army, got buff on the outside but is still insecure and will react over aggresively to any implication that he's 'weak'.