Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know that it's partly because it's based on an episodic anthology book, but I was stunned at how Vampire Diaries fast they rushed through gimmicks here. Witches, doppelgangers, shoggoth-summoning, tesla coils, ancient bloodline guff, all swept back off the table as quickly as they were introduced? Just going off the Wikipedia...what the hell is the other 80% of the season gonna be!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OH, Tic was speaking to Jamie Chung on the phone, not Christina/William.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah Montrose sucks. Like it's nice that Michael K Williams got paid to hang out with some drag queens and wear a big bruise appliance but he just sucks the air out of the screen. Give me schlock or horror, not "oh woo the violent old man is sad cause he's Got Such Issues"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It would have been really nice if they expressly said "the gore from the race-changing potion vanishes into thin air after a minute"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Frankly it is good that Tic is a war criminal and a protagonist because people are complex and even good people do horrible things.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
prediction: Lovecraft Country, a prophetic book from the future, is the real Book of Names

Also Hippolyta was reincarnated as a member of the Minon.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ruby is okay, right? They kept reminding us that Christina had to keep people comatose to steal their faces, and while Ruby's face got that way because of blunt force trauma I kind of think Christina would have just used a spell to knock Ruby out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't need a second season, do need an Orynthia Blue spinoff