Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I read the book after the first episode and I was expecting this episode to take things much slower. Ending at the shooting at the bridge for example. It was way too fast paced. But to be honest I think that if anything they added content to the story. But everything could've used some more time to breathe.

THe first episode was better than the second one, that's for sure. Liking the music choices so far. Seeing Omar is always nice, the rest of the cast is solid as well.

A few interesting changes from the book, looking forward to see how they play into the plot later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Emerson Cod posted:

Was that kid who asked the Ouji board about his upcoming vacation meant to be Emmit Till? He did live in Chicago in 1955 and was dressed similarly.

Good catch.

REALLY liked the 3rd episode, I think they even outdid the book there. Cutting where it was needed, adding good stuff.

Minor spoiler with no influence on the plot, but in case you want to feel what the show changed: the 3 white kids at the end aren't killed, the ghost simply scares them, trapping the last one in the elevator

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I just saw the names of the coming episodes

Time traveling back to Tulsa basically confirmed. Following up on watchmen's episode is gonna be tough.

Can anyone remind me of the "sissy" comment that was discussed? I don't remember it on episode 4.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Goddamn. The Montrose looking at the camera scene was powerful.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

drat, that sucks. The first season had its flaws, but it was certainly interesting. It managed to take the book and elevate it.