Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ex post facho posted:

the music is handmaid's tale level, which is an extremely low bar for an HBO show

It rules, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Those movies are also pretty much entirely his artistic vision as opposed to being one of many cooks in the kitchen or just a producer.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The show is good and I like it, warts and all.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
People pinned their expectations on it and then didn’t like when it didn’t meet them/was something else.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Doltos posted:

I really like the part where everyone cried constantly and nothing happened an hour and 45 minutes after the kids head unrealistically popped off because the mom forced her 18 year old kid to take a 13 year old kid to a high school party where they were making a walnut (?) cake that a girl with nut allergies ate knowing full well she has nut allergies and also the girl was only in the movie in the first place because the hack director saw an ugly girl and wanted to exploit her because she had like 5 lines of dialogue and made a creepy noise. Toni Collette deserves an Oscar for screaming and crying for two hours while playing the most unlikeable character among other unlikeable, unbelievably stupid characters. The best part is how all these unrealistic, stupid choices were validated by a throwaway line at the end that a ~cult made them do it~

Holy gently caress this thread sucked before but now I wish I could burn it down jfc

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I could seriously accept almost all those arguments even if I disagree with them, but he can’t shoot?

Hereditary and Midsommar (which I don’t even like) are both gorgeously shot movies.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Doltos posted:

They're not and you like a hack but that's okay if people don't agree with my perception on Ari Aster films. I just want to get it out there that the thing you like is actually bad.

I said right in the very post I don’t even like Midsommar, for heavens sake fella.

It is gorgeous at times though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

TheBizzness posted:

People pinned their expectations on it and then didn’t like when it didn’t meet them/was something else.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I have to agree that the main storyline is lacking and through the first half of the episode I was hoping for something bonkers to happen like the last couple of episodes.

They promptly delivered, but it can’t be a good thing that so many of us are bored with the actual plot.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The acting is top notch all around. The scene between Tic and Montrose in the hallway was *chefs kiss* from a performance perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Show worth watching? I remember when it first aired, people liked it, then disliked it after 2 or 3 episodes. I'm not too terribly picky as long as there is some interesting stuff going on. I liked Raised By Wolves, even if the ending was frustrating, fwiw.

Show is good.