Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm going to be so pissed if anything happens to George. He's so set up for tragedy but please show please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Goddamn that was not what I was expecting but it was super good. I was not expecting them to do a whole episode focused on a character we kind of knew about and then all the stuff with Atticus being kind of a total bastard in the war

Yeah I spent a moment trying to convince myself it wasn't him but drat.

Good episode and I've always liked Jamie Chung so it was cool to see her carry an episode like that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

AccountSupervisor posted:

Its especially weird to complain that Ji-Ah developed feelings for Tic when she very clearly expresses she is tortured by and struggling with that exact internal conflict.

Almost as if shes a complex character or something.

It's frustrating. The entire second half of the episode is about two people who's environments have turned them into monsters they don't want to be, and clinging onto each other in the hope that they don't have to be that.

And it's not accidental that every other American solider besides the three involved with the nurses is a white rear end in a top hat. The MPs that watch the hanging, the solider who refuses the nurses, and the soldiers whistling at Ji-ah when she goes on base.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

priaprism posted:

Nice omission of the only other soldier character with a real speaking part, Tic’s Korean-American friend, who we see go to lengths to both protect his cred with the Americans (out of self-preservation no doubt) and to help Tic out with his mystery date.
Yes he is one of the three I mentioned who also went at the nurses. The point being the military turned two otherwise good people into monsters.