Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Preem Palver posted:

I'm digging it. Some minor changes from the book but so far it's all stuff that serves to make it work better for a visual format.

Do have a small quibble with the OP though- they went to Massachusetts, not the Deep South. While things were generally worse in the South, it's not as if sundown towns, segregation, and lynching stopped at the mason-dixon line. It wasn't as prevalent in major Northern cities, but suburbs, small towns, and rural areas across the US were all pretty terrible for minorities. I'm not in any way defending the South, but it usually takes the lions share of the blame despite the rest of the US only being slightly less likely to murder, sterilize, or deny basic rights, liberties, and services to black people.

https://twitter.com/MorganJerkins/status/1295679009485922304

Obviously not comprehensive or scientific, but they were everywhere. There's a fair famous few here in Texas so I knew about them, but until recently I also thought they were almost all in the South

Also Jonathan Majors, wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean, I looked directly at the eldrich abominations and my sanity remains intact...surely it does...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MishaGreen/status/1297594967402020866

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The James Baldwin thing last week worked because it happened over scenes that were essentially demonstrating the truth of Baldwin's argument and the one enhanced the other. I don’t think the GSH poem worked as well because it was distracting, literally so, I was so intent on listening to Heron that I didn’t really pay close attention to what was happening in the scene and I'm not sure exactly what happened.

I'm not convinced this whole episode happened, it felt very dreamlike in pace and plot, so I wouldn’t be shocked if next episode opened with Atticus sitting bolt upright in bed.

Also the CGI generally is very poor, the House itself and then its collapse looked late 2000s quality.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oasx posted:

I am not saying that she is a good person, but she did save his life twice now. And she certainly hasn’t done anything that would justify him murdering her.

My dude she is an evil sorceress, please immediately kill all practicers of the Dark Arts you meet irl, they are merchants of lies