Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

College Rockout posted:

When it first happened I thought there might be some information that Montrose had that we didn't that we'd find out later on. Nope, there was nothing. Montrose just straight up did an execution for literally no reason. And then they don't even get mentioned again at all. The whole plotline lasted 10 minutes and was irrelevant immediately afterwards. It really should've been left out. It made Montrose completely unsympathetic and made them trying to get me to empathize with him in Tulsa fall completely flat.

I think it made perfect sense for Montrose and his motivations at this point in the show. He doesn't want Tic to succeed at all in getting the book and learning magic. He knows he has to help him get to the museum because if he isn't there to be a part of it, Tic can get in over his head and die, but he is always trying to stop him from ultimate success which will just cause Tic to die from magic in some other way later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
This is all just mostly conjecture, but based on the tease of the premise the showrunner leaked, I would guess that telling a story where black people come into power and abuse it at scale was probably unpalatable to the network.

Like that was a good subtheme season one, specifically that black people are just people and do the same things white people do given the opportunity, but to tease it all the way out to logical conclusions would have been to risky.

A real shame, but since they did it so well season one, I'd rather see it die then just be watered down or retread in season 2.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 3, 2021