Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I don't even understand what I'm looking at. Is that furring over self-leveling compound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Getting GFIs with #12 and a load side tap perfectly level and square with the plate sucks soooo bad.

I've just about given up on this but if you have any tips I'm all ears

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Is a dumpster rental not a thing where you are?

We had one drat near the size of our driveway for a couple hundred bucks, made a huge difference when we were doing demo.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Every step forward reveals five more I have to travel on this stupid loving house.

New thread title?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I went to pick up a couple plastic boxes tonight and they almost totally were cleared out. Not even the cartons were there.

Is it because of the southern states weather disaster?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Elviscat posted:

I've been trying to figure out how that house/lot for sale next to me is 4.5 acres, as listed, since it's the exact same size as my property. So I checked the county records and it's not, it's 3 acres, and the extra .7 over my place is the road easement.

How big a deal would it be to think you're buying 4.5 acres and then you find out it was listed wrong?

Hopefully they don't just slap cash on the barrel for it. If they're getting a mortgage, the bank will probably hire a title company to do a search which should reveal that record.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Elviscat posted:

My 12" chop saw can cut through a 2x4 like nothing, why can't my 14" chop saw do the same?

Lol I'm high as hell (recovering from surgery don't probate me) and at first I thought it was the lack of teeth on the blade.

Totally glossed over "2x4"

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Elviscat posted:

The stairs are going to be welded steel, with floating wooden treads.

It's my one really stupid absolute splurge on materials for this project, I want it to be a really cool centerpiece to this part of the house.

Are you fabricating all that yourself or getting the kit from one of those stair/railing companies?

I'm eager to see those when it's done, we flirted with doing it for our place (which we're gonna have to sell bc my husband finally got an overseas post 6 months after we bought it) but price was prohibitive in our case.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I definitely get the Stockholm Syndrome. We bought our place in August and were trucking along, but an old repair on my hip started falling apart and threw a wrench into the whole thing. If everything goes right, we'll have the place finished just in time to sell it, so hopefully the renters of whatever real estate "investor" rear end in a top hat who buys it will really appreciate the thoughtful kitchen and dining room I designed and built.

I haven't cooked in a kitchen since we left our apartment :(

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Cathedral ceiling over the stairs cathedraled.

Insulation mostly installed.

Hell of a lot of progress man, it looks good!

I was about to say it looks like a different house but didn't want to start a philosophical argument :haw:

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Is this what white trash feels like?

Yes

But you could do with more vehicles in the yard tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

You've done an absolutely mental amount of work on that place, and a good job of it too.