Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Elviscat posted:

The deck. The deck installed on the house was super dangerous, painted with one coat of interior house paint, it was rotting through, and improperly built, I wish I had more pics of this poo poo, my roomate chainsawed and ripped the while thing apart in literally 30 minutes, an hour if you count him loading poo poo in his truck, here's the best pictur I have.

Wow it looks like your roommate took your deck and installed it at my house, because that's my deck right now (complete with rotting beams). It looks so much better stained than painted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm not sure being able to ride a dirt bike in your back yard makes up for all of this, but it's close

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

drat I remember your AI chat thread post about the roommate sending you the incredibly long text, apparently things moved fast after that. I have a friend who used to be on a sub and it hosed up his sleeping to this day, something to do with a non-24hr day? Other friends swear they gently caress the with oxygen levels on the subs but I have to imagine that's a myth because it would equally affect the guys who are supposed to be awake and functioning.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I would die from that staircase within a week

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I like the contrast between the build quality of the deck and the existing construction on the house. It also seems like it would have been easier to start from scratch, but I guess you can't live in it at the same time that way (and I'm guessing more expensive)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

RE: cookware, I've been looking into this recently and apparently using nonstick cookware for everything is "wrong" and I'm supposed to only have one nonstick pan for eggs. My current nonstick cookware is pretty scratched up from metal utensils (I know) which is supposed to not be good for you. However, it seems like the just get cheap Ikea stuff and replace it more frequently would work out. There are nice stainless steel sets out there but they're pretty expensive, I keep on meaning to go to HomeGoods and see if I can find them at a huge discount (which everyone online says I should be able to do).

I did recently get a Lodge cast iron skillet for $27 that I've been using all the time and it's great.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I think if I saw that wall I'd just give up. I forget if you said this, but are you able to have heat in the house right now, or at least are you free from the elements? It got Los Angeles cold here recently (high 40s) and drat that would suck to not have four walls for that, and we don't even have the rain you have.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

FWIW Wirecutter did a review of those homemade filters and found they were actually pretty effective. I made a similar one when the fires here made the air quality horrible. I was able to get a "real" filter too and a PurpleAir sensor, so I've been meaning to conduct "experiments" (:2bong:) to compare their efficiencies but effort and all that

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Is that full of water?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I hadn't checked my bookmarked threads since December and I have to say drat, you've made a ton of progress. I think I'm tired from just reading 8 pages worth of that work. Are you trying to sell it by mid-May?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I can't imagine any situation where drywalling over the attic ladder would see like a solution to any problem, except

Is the price of lumber going to screw you over, or did you get most of your wood purchased before things got crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The drywall being up makes such a big difference