Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A+ hummingbird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

H110Hawk posted:

Yup. Air seal what you can. Deeper the filter the better the flow rate.

Gotta step it up with more filters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7mR-95KUg

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

If anyone wants to watch a guy make his way into an endless dark chasm, you're in luck.

For some reason I thought this was going to be a video of the bird. Very disappointed.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

Itchy pillow!

All the stud bays are 24" I don't have to mea.....

That was lucky.

Did a bunch of fiddly carpentry behind there too, since that end of the wall was kind of flying in space.

I'm going to try to finish all subfloor installation limiting items tomorrow, which I'm sure will go well since I just got round 2 of the COVID vaccine and the body aches are already setting in.

More mastic on the joints! If you can see the seam, you didn't use enough mastic.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

E: now that I think about it, that ladder's going to be an enormous pain to get out.

Good thing you have an angle grinder

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

The house right next to mine is for sale for $610k, and having open houses, and man are people eye-loving my Tyvek covered hovel as they drive by.

At least I'm not the neighbor blasting his ATV up and down the street tho.

You can see my house in their real-estate listing too.

Elviscat posted:

The house right next to mine is for sale for $610k, and having open houses, and man are people eye-loving my Tyvek covered hovel as they drive by.

At least I'm not the neighbor blasting his ATV up and down the street tho.

You can see my house in their real-estate listing too.

Have you considered buying an ATV and racing him? Neighbors are the worst, you don't want any of those.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

Bedroom feeling.... airy.

Ah, going for the open concept bathroom?

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You've got a welder, and the price of lumber is sky high.

I'm not seeing a problem here.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

That's one hell of a hefty ventilation system. Around here, 100mm(about 4") would be the norm for a single room, like a bathroom, while the fan above a stove would be about 6". Pretty much nothing in home ventilation goes above the 6" size, anything bigger is more or less purely for industry.

Also consider using firm pipe rather than flex ducts if you can, they'll be a lot less noisy.

That sounds like you're talking about exhaust fans, rather then HVAC. My whole house air filter called for 8" duct, I'd be surprised if 4" could really heat/cool a room?

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

Lowe's started selling non-threaded black pipe and fittings for when you want that aesthetic
but want to pay more
but also you can do some neat things that can't be accomplished with traditional black pipe
but also it's more expensive and Lowe's black pipe is already way more expensive than HD's so uh
All around weird.

You can also buy lovely pre-built fixtures made of "black pipe" from lowes, but it's essentially plastic made to look like black pipe.

My wife works at a gas supply place, so we get the utility grade poo poo (read: not Chinese) at basically cost... we only have a pipe lamp & my desk though...