Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Me and my partner are hoping to go house hunting in a year or two. Glad I have something to fuel my nightmares til we get to that point. On a more serious note yer kicking rear end dude, I hope yer able to get all the lightning holes fixed before it get's colder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

Elviscat posted:

Yeah, that was the big draw to it.

I'll be stretching the definition of "habitable" in a couple months.

Thank you!

Get a good home inspector! (And don't ignore them like I did)

More progress today, finished re-framing the wall, wanted to get it Tyvek'd but ran out of time.

Bonus picture of how they "fixed" a window frame they broke.

Def's will get one, I'll follow him around and nitpick with him if I have to. Also holy crap those windows look like they were made of cheese.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

Maybe I missed it but what type of insulation are you gonna put up behind the drywall. I've only done sparse research on it and didn't take notes which is a terrible habit.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

Elviscat posted:

They've done me good for the only boots in my size, and being cheap lovely boots, I've had them around ~4 years, but the first two I was out to sea 75% of the time, and at work (in different boots) the rest.

I ordered a pair of USA made Danners, I always want to go Red Wings, and choke on the price tag (all the styles I like are like $400).

If these don't work out I'll swallow it and go Red Wings, boots are so hard because every decent brand's reviews are a mix of "best boots in the world!" And "used to be the best boots ever, now they SUCK!"

Oh yeah, that hole in the arch is from me kicking a pick-axe to ram it under some boards, and I kicked it through the sole and into my foot, oops.

Do we not have boot thread? Boots have seriously become a pita, like you said reviews are hella mixed and take forever compared to really any other tool to get a good feel for. I've used swats for the past 6 1/2 years since my redwings were no longer required for work and the tongue kept slipping meant I had t re-tie my boot every thirty minutes. So let me know how the Danner's go I need new boots soon and I've had my eye on them.

On other notes house is lookin' totes fab, congrats on the floor. Were hoping to get our first house and soon since the kitchen here is sinking into the crawl space. Fingers crossed I don't have to start my own thread for that adventure.

FAKE EDIT: Tell yer cat I said hi.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

It's looking great so far, been busy getting my own future nightmare and it looks like you've made a lot of progress.