Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JT Jag posted:

Hold onto this feeling. It is correct.

I have never stopped hating him like you cannot believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Epinephrine posted:

Man, imagine if we didn't have term limits.
The Increasingly Alzheimers-Afflicted Husk Of Ronald Reagan would have been president until 1996

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I like Kamala's sister.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Craptacular! posted:

Obama going for the soft, “Tom Hanks as America’s Dad” speech. I was hoping he would draw some blood after Bill broke Presidential Decorum to fire shots last night.

I guess that sort of vengeful take no prisoners attitude is more of a Clinton family thing.
It's a diminishing returns kind of thing, but with rhetoric. Obama can get under Trump's skin saying a whole lot less. Better to spend most of the time going in a different direction.

Like, Obama basically just existing gets under his skin. It's clearly not hard to provoke a response.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
You just know that Nikki Haley is sitting somewhere watching Kampala Harris give her VP acceptance speech and seething because she believes she was supposed to be the first person of Indian heritage to be on a major party ticket.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Kamala making it very clear that she was born in Oakland.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"The work" again.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Pick posted:

"The work" again.

The general perception of the Vice President is that they basically do nothing but exist, which is why Cheney had so much time to dedicate to Bond Villainy and shooting his hunting buddy.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

Pick posted:

"The work" again.
Gotta wonder if this is laying ground for a hit on Trump's golfing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's been a theme through the whole convention if you listen for it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

Kamala making it very clear that she was born in Oakland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3f-eDzkxcw

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

oh my god the social distanced candidate + running mate uniting is so awkward

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Kamala Harris, smiling and waving to a zoom audience, hugging Joe Biden from six feet away, both enjoying the adoration of a virtual audience while 50 people in suits sit a ways a way with their cells out.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Jennifer Hudson looks gorgeous and is slaying this performance

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
God every time I see Biden he makes me loving nervous, like he’s gonna fall over or have a stroke or say something super incoherent and gently caress it up for everybody

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Delthalaz posted:

God every time I see Biden he makes me loving nervous, like he’s gonna fall over or have a stroke or say something super incoherent and gently caress it up for everybody

I know this was 8 years ago, but I will never forget this. For some reason I was really loving nervous about the 2012 election. I felt that Romeny destroyed Obama in the first debate and I was nervous about Diamond Joe vs. Paul Ryan. I was relaying my concern to my Mom and my Mom said "Sal, Joe Biden has been in much harder debates against much smarter people and has come out on top, he is going to destroy Paul Ryan." I have faith that Biden will get through the election and at least his first term of Presidency.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/Tschudi_Davai/status/1296271250436784130?s=20

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

SalTheBard posted:

I know this was 8 years ago, but I will never forget this. For some reason I was really loving nervous about the 2012 election. I felt that Romeny destroyed Obama in the first debate and I was nervous about Diamond Joe vs. Paul Ryan. I was relaying my concern to my Mom and my Mom said "Sal, Joe Biden has been in much harder debates against much smarter people and has come out on top, he is going to destroy Paul Ryan." I have faith that Biden will get through the election and at least his first term of Presidency.

Thanks- I really hope you’re right!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

I actually like Biden better when he's unrehearsed and think he's strong in that capacity.

This was a "gaffe" but I was into it :shrug:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGTBgLX2cQ&t=25s

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SalTheBard posted:

I look forward to the trump debates as well.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05VnURkqjXs

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Right, but this isn’t exactly the same Joe Biden we’ve seen for the past year or so. He’s not as sharp.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Delthalaz posted:

Right, but this isn’t exactly the same Joe Biden we’ve seen for the past year or so. He’s not as sharp.

Yeah but his competition isn't Paul Ryan tier either. (Paul Ryan spoke in complete sentences.)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Allow me to allieviate the fear that at any moment Joe Biden will stumble, say something racist (for like the 6th time this season), or suffer critical systems failure:

It very likely will happen. Trump is banking on it even; they want to schedule more debates specifically to tease them out. The man was considered a gaffe machine even back when he was lucid and didn't need handlers.

Luckily (????), so far, Biden's mental incontinence has been seen as endearing by the 40+ voters who make up his base. They see a little of themselves in his rapidly degrading faculties, and as the party seems interested in shifting further towards decrepit conservatives, that may just contribute to their voter outreach.

Basically, Biden needs to poo poo himself on-stage to sweep texas

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 20, 2020

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Biden’s going to say something deeply racist, but he’s reached that point of deterioration where he can no longer articulate coherent racist policies and instead only grasp onto very, very antiquated slurs. It’ll be almost charming.

What a perfect image to sum the Democrats up.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
One thing that I will always give Biden credit for is pushing Obama to support gay marriage:

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/05/obama-expected-to-speak-on-gay-marriage-076103

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

One thing I think will throw off Trump is not having an audience if they say no to audiences at debate.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One thing I think will throw off Trump is not having an audience if they say no to audiences at debate.

I hope that's the case. I think the debates are better without a crowd anyway.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Even a very weird debate won’t break through in the hellworld of covid but I hope the push-up thing happens.

Everyone is tired as poo poo but who is gonna stop hating Trump’s smug face in the next 10 weeks?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

EngineerJoe posted:

What a jackass

It's the truth though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know what the RNC is going to do to try to fill air time with similarly influential people. Hell, they're down by one with Bannon arrested.

I suppose Trump could do another publicity pardon, but I think Ted Kaczynski would say no

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I've got my Pod Save America pre-show going, streaming on YouTube now. Let's see what night 4 has to offer!

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Gonna have to watch this one in the morning, busy tonight. This online format is nice for that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Were taking cancer to the moon 🌝

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No malarkey bus shot

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Pick posted:

I don't know what the RNC is going to do to try to fill air time with similarly influential people. Hell, they're down by one with Bannon arrested.

I suppose Trump could do another publicity pardon, but I think Ted Kaczynski would say no

As clunky and strange as this thing is, it at least has packaging and speakers of clout. I don't know how the republican convention will go, but they didn't plan on a virtual convention until just recently and all their speakers are grafted to the right-wing outrage machine and don't exist in any other capacity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grondoth posted:

As clunky and strange as this thing is, it at least has packaging and speakers of clout. I don't know how the republican convention will go, but they didn't plan on a virtual convention until just recently and all their speakers are grafted to the right-wing outrage machine and don't exist in any other capacity.

the GOP convention is going to blow all kinds of rear end. There will be no talk of unity; it'll just be all "hurrrrr Sleepy Joe has dementia amirite", talking up MyPillow and Goya beans, and a bunch of shitheads getting their one last shot at owning the libs. I'm not even gonna hatewatch it. It'll give me high blood pressure.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tone whiplash

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Man. Julie Louis Dreyfus really needs to cut back on the snark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it was VERY weird coming off of Biden there