Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Gabby Giffords is doing better than I expected, that poor woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Warren kicking rear end.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There's the "The work" theme again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It is a great speech. At least 2 great speeches tonight.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
God.... gently caress Donald trump. God I hate that fucker. I despise him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JT Jag posted:

Hold onto this feeling. It is correct.

I have never stopped hating him like you cannot believe.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"The work" again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's been a theme through the whole convention if you listen for it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

I know this was 8 years ago, but I will never forget this. For some reason I was really loving nervous about the 2012 election. I felt that Romeny destroyed Obama in the first debate and I was nervous about Diamond Joe vs. Paul Ryan. I was relaying my concern to my Mom and my Mom said "Sal, Joe Biden has been in much harder debates against much smarter people and has come out on top, he is going to destroy Paul Ryan." I have faith that Biden will get through the election and at least his first term of Presidency.

I actually like Biden better when he's unrehearsed and think he's strong in that capacity.

This was a "gaffe" but I was into it :shrug:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGTBgLX2cQ&t=25s

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05VnURkqjXs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Delthalaz posted:

Right, but this isn’t exactly the same Joe Biden we’ve seen for the past year or so. He’s not as sharp.

Yeah but his competition isn't Paul Ryan tier either. (Paul Ryan spoke in complete sentences.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know what the RNC is going to do to try to fill air time with similarly influential people. Hell, they're down by one with Bannon arrested.

I suppose Trump could do another publicity pardon, but I think Ted Kaczynski would say no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Were taking cancer to the moon 🌝

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No malarkey bus shot

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tone whiplash

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it was VERY weird coming off of Biden there

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

songs really good too.

Fantastic fantastic performance

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love Duckworth

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Bloomberg lmao auuugh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Bloomberg sucks but I think the speech is pretty good tbh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Trumps gonna mock this kid which won't look great

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah woah Hunter looks like his dad

And woah his daughter looked really nice

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually don't think of speeches as being where Biden is particularly strong, but that was a really good speech.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MadJackal posted:

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1296645932121956353?s=20

This is a good point. It's like below-Palin levels of low expectations.

Biden stutters a bit but he'll string together full sentences and Trump will come off a raging lunatic.

I thought for a while that that was an absolutely lunatic approach to take. They should've been setting him up as highly experienced and therefore difficult to beat because he'll be so slick and clever. Instead they literally made being able to speak a full sentence the threshold he had to surpass, and he could easily do that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

The kid's speech beforehand priming the low info audience for stuttering and reframing the issue was brilliant work. The kid has a target painted on him now, though.

I thought it was basically bait for Trump to be a gross rear end in a top hat about it and everyone's tired of that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost