Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
You just know that Nikki Haley is sitting somewhere watching Kampala Harris give her VP acceptance speech and seething because she believes she was supposed to be the first person of Indian heritage to be on a major party ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Biden is fine for scenarios he can prepare for. It is the unscripted, unprompted moments with random voters out on the trail where he will screw up, but due to COVID that never happens anymore.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, its been a very good speech to it. it sucks that next week is the 4 day hate of chuds crying and bitching.

It’s going to be a delightful train wreck. Giving those awful speeches with no crowd cheering is going to highlight how insane they are.

The GOP need the in-person convention far more than the Democrats do.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Michelle Obama nailed the start, and Biden stuck the landing.

The convention delivered some feel good moments and didn’t give the GOP any freebies to latch on to.

Not sure how much of a convention bump Biden will get since these virtual conventions don’t seem to have the same reach. The biggest thing was to not have a gently caress up of any sort, since the GOP is struggling to land their attacks, and the Democrats passed that test.

The glowing reviews of the speech is really going to cut into the Trump’s senile argument, and it really raises the stakes for the GOP convention.