Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One thing I think will throw off Trump is not having an audience if they say no to audiences at debate.

I hope that's the case. I think the debates are better without a crowd anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Pick posted:

I don't know what the RNC is going to do to try to fill air time with similarly influential people. Hell, they're down by one with Bannon arrested.

I suppose Trump could do another publicity pardon, but I think Ted Kaczynski would say no

As clunky and strange as this thing is, it at least has packaging and speakers of clout. I don't know how the republican convention will go, but they didn't plan on a virtual convention until just recently and all their speakers are grafted to the right-wing outrage machine and don't exist in any other capacity.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Speech was not for us, especially with god protectin' our troops, but I think normal people will like it. He messed up a couple words, but it was a long speech so I don't know if they disrupted the flow all that much cause you knew what he was going for. I think it had been being worked on for a while, because "are you ready" is a crowd line that I think would've landed cause it was right after the fantasy hero stuff about hope being greater than fear and light being greater than darkness. Which I admit made me go "yeah man" cause it's always been a thing I want to believe even though it's hard to keep thinking it.

I think he did well.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mostly Lurking posted:

Uh, did you see that speech? Trump is going to STRIKE OUT! Yeah!!!!

Is this a gimmick

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mostly Lurking posted:

I'm sorry. Can I not be excited about getting Trump out of office? Someone made a baseball reference and I played off it.

Seeing enthusiasm is not something I am used to on these forums, I had assumed you were being sarcastic.