Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
obama is bringing some cold fury and genuine humanity tonight. can't wait to see trump lose his loving mind tonight/tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1296274065762717696

trump is mad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1296275840649625601

its gonna be a fun night.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grondoth posted:

As clunky and strange as this thing is, it at least has packaging and speakers of clout. I don't know how the republican convention will go, but they didn't plan on a virtual convention until just recently and all their speakers are grafted to the right-wing outrage machine and don't exist in any other capacity.

the GOP convention is going to blow all kinds of rear end. There will be no talk of unity; it'll just be all "hurrrrr Sleepy Joe has dementia amirite", talking up MyPillow and Goya beans, and a bunch of shitheads getting their one last shot at owning the libs. I'm not even gonna hatewatch it. It'll give me high blood pressure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nice john lewis tributes so far.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

How are u posted:

Very touching john Lewis tribute. We should all aspire to be so committed to the cause.

songs really good too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

Oh look it's the woman who should be the running mate.

gently caress racist birther assholes

:same: but she can run some day.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress off back to your tomb lich.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Biden sounding great

this is...this is much more fire than I expected from Biden.

its a drat good speech so far.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

howe_sam posted:

"We don't need a tax code that rewards wealth and not work." Is a good line,

yeah, its been a very good speech to it. it sucks that next week is the 4 day hate of chuds crying and bitching.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

As someone who's dealt with a stutter all my life I've always hated those attacks. I can see some of my own speech patterns in how Biden sometimes repeats and rephrases and I trip up on some of the same words ("existential").

yeah. he also has what i have where when you get excited/angry/upset and words just tumble out in all kinds of order and prenouciation and you just say stupid poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1296645682875506688

trump seems upset.

but seriously this is the best speech i have heard in years. this is what i needed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

that was genuinly a great speech. holy gently caress. i did not expect something that great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

Michelle Obama nailed the start, and Biden stuck the landing.

The convention delivered some feel good moments and didn’t give the GOP any freebies to latch on to.

Not sure how much of a convention bump Biden will get since these virtual conventions don’t seem to have the same reach. The biggest thing was to not have a gently caress up of any sort, since the GOP is struggling to land their attacks, and the Democrats passed that test.

The glowing reviews of the speech is really going to cut into the Trump’s senile argument, and it really raises the stakes for the GOP convention.

id say the reach was alot bigger and the normies seem to loving love it.