Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

generic one posted:

coronaball that’s quite the turnaround you’ve got goin there. Lost Saquon, started 0-3. And then... 4 straight wins. :hfive:

Yes, perhaps my "this is the worst team evar" posts were melodramatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Whoever Cabo Trap House is, I sent you a trade offer!

Let me know if you are interested

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Jesus, this is my worst year ever in my two Yahoo leagues. And that’s not hyperbole.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Hello I would like to return this George Kittle I bought, the product is defective.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
The package has been opened and shows apparent usage.

Also, you should hit up Yuzenn. He’s got TEs for days (although Dwelley did pretty well for me last season when Kittle went out).

Also, also, getting Hyde from Dango Bango is gonna be my quickest trade acquisition + drop ever, since it’s pretty obvious DeeJay Dallas is more than competent as a Carson handcuff.

generic one fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 2, 2020

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

coronaball posted:

Hello I would like to return this George Kittle I bought, the product is defective.

I'm sorry we can only offer you store credit or Mark Andrews.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

Hell if that was the case, I need to invoke that policy on a CMC and Michael Thomas and restart the season please.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
This season seems like it’s been overly injury player adverse. I know a lot of y’all have had worse luck than me on that front, and I haven’t been keeping track of everyone’s rosters, so I’m kinda curious to see just how much of an impact it’s had (I’m willing to concede it’s substantial). Not including mid-tier players, so far I’ve had:

Marlon Mack: Mid-Week 1 (out for season)
Aaron Jones: Weeks 7 & 8 (return date TBD)

Edit: The reason I’m putting this out there is because, maybe due to the extenuating circumstances of this season (assuming we get all the way through), we extend the most-impacted team a refund of their entry fee? Not sure if that’s kosher, and feel free to shoot me down if it’s a stupid idea. Could do a vote at the end of the season or something. I have zero impression I’ve been more impacted than others, just wanted to provide a potential format for making cases.

generic one fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 2, 2020

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I've been very lucky so far, it's keeping me afloat

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

generic one posted:

This season seems like it’s been overly injury player adverse. I know a lot of y’all have had worse luck than me on that front, and I haven’t been keeping track of everyone’s rosters, so I’m kinda curious to see just how much of an impact it’s had (I’m willing to concede it’s substantial). Not including mid-tier players, so far I’ve had:

Edit: The reason I’m putting this out there is because, maybe due to the extenuating circumstances of this season (assuming we get all the way through), we extend the most-impacted team a refund of their entry fee? Not sure if that’s kosher, and feel free to shoot me down if it’s a stupid idea. Could do a vote at the end of the season or something. I have zero impression I’ve been more impacted than others, just wanted to provide a potential format for making cases.

I can play this game.

Chubb
Ekeler
Mosfert

Where do I collect my prize?

But seriously I'm not a fan of the most impacted team be refunded. All payments were decided at the start of the season what happens if the season either finishes or gets cut short. We were all dealt the same hand at the start of the draft.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

generic one posted:

Clearly since I'm dead last, my team has been affected the most. :colbert:

Your heart is in the right place, but we're all playing with the same circumstances. Even more so since this is an auction draft league. Unless we have to invoke the charity option, it should just stay the same. It's not fair to those on top to reduce their potential payout.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Aight, fair enough.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Hey, so... I just wanna say on today of all days, I really appreciate being able to get in on this league. My work league from last year didn’t gather enough interest, the one with some of my close friends had similar issues, and as such, this one has been a super useful distraction, what with COVID and the election and everything else that’s happened during 2020 in the past several weeks. Y’all are awesome.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, I've really enjoyed fantasy this year, ups and downs.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's a lot more fun in your second-ever time doing an auction league compared to the first :v:

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

It's a lot more fun in your second-ever time doing an auction league compared to the first :v:

All that money spent on first picks that just straight up got injured

FOOTBALL

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Silly Burrito, I just saw the Anderson Cooper clip and now I get your team name. drat. :D

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

generic one posted:

Silly Burrito, I just saw the Anderson Cooper clip and now I get your team name. drat. :D

Well, it's apt, that's for sure.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anyone want Zeke and/or willing to let go of an RB?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

generic one posted:

Oh, god. So, he’s definitely gonna be back in time for my matchup against Silly Burrito. :stonklol:

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1318636732112404482?s=21

Called it. Nice (soon to be) win, SB. :3:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

generic one posted:

Called it. Nice (soon to be) win, SB. :3:

Thanks, this season has been so bad, I'll eat a W any way I can. :D

https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/1325655505784745984

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well I got him back for one week.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1325814083673874432?s=21

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Aw man, poor guy.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

I drat near dropped Mike Davis too.....

Not that i'm making the playoffs but, small victories

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Mr Brut, you've got Brieda in your lineup and he's inactive.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Right league, tarbrush? Doesn’t look like anyone has Breida rostered.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

generic one posted:

Right league, tarbrush? Doesn’t look like anyone has Breida rostered.

Ugh, possibly not. Brain a little fried today.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Woof. Some weeks your kicker scores more than anyone else on your team, not much you can do about that. :stare:

Congrats on the win, dalstrs. :hfive:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dang! I forgot only six teams made the playoffs. This is a tight race!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yahoo has the following note:

"Commissioners: We have added a new league setting to enable the COVID-19 status (eligible for the IR slot) on players impacted by any future game postponements. You can enable it in your league settings - "Apply injured status for postponed games."

Obviously, mid-season settings changes should almost never happen. But these are strange circumstances and I figure it's worth a conversation at least.

My take is: COVID is obviously getting worse by the day, and at some point a team will have an outbreak so widespread that the NFL can't just put the positive guys on the COVID list and still play the game. And it would suck for somebody to have to make tough and unnecessary add/drop decisions during the fantasy playoffs because of that. So I would lean toward turning it on.

If there is unanimous agreement among the playoff contenders (everyone 4-6 or above), then I'll turn it on. If not, I'll leave it as-is. Let me know what you think.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, I think turn it on.

I've enjoyed the season here, and frankly I'm surprised we got this much football, so very much playing with house money at this point.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I’m good with that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Okay with it as well.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yes. I flipped it on in an active 14 team league with covid ir ots and there were zero objections

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I'm fine with that as well.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

If there is unanimous agreement among the playoff contenders (everyone 4-6 or above), then I'll turn it on. If not, I'll leave it as-is. Let me know what you think.

Well poo poo.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

I'm sorry if you are a Joe Burrow fan, everyone I roster dies on the field

I'm cursed!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Quick, everyone trade me your favourite players! I've not really gotten anyone injured so far.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Alright, coronaball, your post about the COVID designation was eerily prescient considering the whole Ravens situation, but you also picked up Gus Edwards, so at this point I have my doubts there is actual witchcraft at work here.

Still, I picked up an extra DST, juuuust in case. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

Alright, coronaball, your post about the COVID designation was eerily prescient considering the whole Ravens situation, but you also picked up Gus Edwards, so at this point I have my doubts there is actual witchcraft at work here.

Still, I picked up an extra DST, juuuust in case. :colbert:

Thanks for the reminder. Hearing no objections, I will turn that on now.