Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
He might be yelling for more food because he's bored. Our cat tends to meow and pester us for food when he's bored and wants something to do. We occasionally hide treats around the apartment so he has something to hunt and it keeps him occupied for awhile.

How much do you play with James?

You can also try splitting the dry food into two meals, so it lasts longer throughout the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
You should definitely try more active play with the both of them. If the cat loses interest right away, try and see if they might react more to different toys. My cat will sometimes only play after I smack him in the face with the peacock feather a few times and get him riled up.

I've only had a solo cat, so I'm not sure how it is when you have more than one. I just know since I started playing with my cat more before his meals, he's been waaay less of a pest.