Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmaniac
Jul 10, 2010

quote:

He stopped showing interest and, now that I've sat down at the computer, has gone back to meowing.
The toy may not have been stimulating enough. Sometimes I find my cat ignores a toy if it doesn't provide a challenge or a thrill.

quote:

I have just ordered a rechargeable laser pointer, though, so we'll see how that goes when it gets here.
Lasers are really good distractions for a cat but unfortunately they do not make good substitutes for a toy. Cats want to be challenged but they also want to win at the end of the day and catch whatever it is they've been chasing. They gain satisfaction from biting into it at the end of their hunt. Studies have shown that some cats will exhibit frustration at repeated failures in actually catching a laser. This lead to further behavioral problems.

Have you seen him bite furniture or chew on things around the house ? That's usually something cats do when they're bored

quote:

To complicate matters, he has a brother, Wolfgang, who is very sweet and polite and only sometimes cries for early dinner. But I also have to watch them when they eat, or else James shoves Wolfgang aside and eats his dinner too (after he's devoured his own dinner).
Have you considered a slow feeder for him ?

evilmaniac fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU