Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Back for year 3!

Manager/Team Name List

If You Seek a Falcon - Silly Burrito
Crab Snatchers - wandler20
gently caress JAMEIS WINSTON - GD_American
Honey FunchessofOats - The Flying Llama
Cammy Cam Juice - waah
FitzMagic Mike - Joey Freshwater
Christian Holiday - Play!
DrewBreesMoonCheese - PostNouveau
The CDNU Dumples - WampaLord

bold = returning for 2020

Retired players:
Tom Benson's Ghost - Paul Proteus
AB's Old Helmet - YOLOSubmarine
Jameis' loving W - Chilichimp
Sabby Piscitelli - kidcoelacanth
Doyle Rules - MarquisDeCarabas

:siren:HALL OF CHAMPIONS:siren:

2018 FFL Season - Silly Burrito
2019 FFL Season - Play

2019 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895673
2018 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869636

Other info:

If you decide to keep a player or two players they count as your first and second round picks. You do not have to keep a player.
Keeper deadline is Sunday, September 6th.
Draft is currently scheduled for Tuesday, September 8th at 5:30pm ET.

Payouts:
1st place - 55 bucks
2nd place - 25 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Last Place Loser Avatar

Please let me know if you're in for another year or not so we can find replacements if needed. I know Play is AWOL so I'm not sure what will happen there.

Also, if you change your team name please post it in here so I can keep things straight.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Sure, why not?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

definitely back, although do we really want to do Payouts in a season that might get canceled?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sure

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm in, gonna change my team name since it was tied to Jameis and he's gone now. He can't hurt me anymore.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

I'm in, gonna change my team name since it was tied to Jameis and he's gone now. He can't hurt me anymore.

I want to but I'm not very clever at these things. Also, please post what you decide so I can update the op.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Why not another year.

After all I am the worst.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Where do we send our tenbux?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Sigh, why not

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Where do we send our tenbux?

Lets wait until we get closer to draft time and make sure it's happening for sure.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm in! Man I can't believe I actually won last time, IIRC I got so insanely lucky on how the games lined up and there were at least two much better teams than me, but hey them's the breaks I guess

I've been taking a bit of a posting break this offseason when nothing was happening but now that things are heating up I wanted to make sure I didn't lose my place in this league, I'll start checking in more often so I don't miss anything

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

I'm in! Man I can't believe I actually won last time, IIRC I got so insanely lucky on how the games lined up and there were at least two much better teams than me, but hey them's the breaks I guess

I've been taking a bit of a posting break this offseason when nothing was happening but now that things are heating up I wanted to make sure I didn't lose my place in this league, I'll start checking in more often so I don't miss anything

Nice. Glad to see you still around.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
e- nevermind

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm in, sorry I missed when this originally got kicked back up.

How do we decide who wins after the season inevitably gets cut short after 3-4 games?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like Chilichimp is out so looking for a replacement.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I have re-christened The W Eaters as The CDNU Dumples

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I'm out, guys. Can't do multiple leagues this year with COVID related work. Be safe out there, and sorry for the late reply.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So I doubt we're going to find 3 guys this close to the season. How does everyone feel about adding Blindsite and rolling with 10?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

So I doubt we're going to find 3 guys this close to the season. How does everyone feel about adding Blindsite and rolling with 10?

Sounds like a good plan

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Sure.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I'm good with that

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm out, guys. Can't do multiple leagues this year with COVID related work. Be safe out there, and sorry for the late reply.

No worries, stay safe, had fun playing with ya last year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im in if you'll still have me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

Im in if you'll still have me

Yep. Email me your email and I'll send the invite. My email is my username @hotmail.com

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All signed up and apped up. Should be fun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Get your keepers in fools.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

poo poo sorry guys I've been moving states these past couple weeks and have been really busy. Still can join officially or no? I'm dusting off my yahoo account atm

e: Just saw that it seems I'm in, where do I send the cash? Also, not clear on how to do keepers, or did I just miss that option? Don't really care either way honestly so if I did miss it don't worry about it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Keepers are for cowards!

Also I didn't do any last season and my team sucked even worse than before, so now I'm gonna double down on my bad logic and keep no one.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Keepers are for cowards!

Also I didn't do any last season and my team sucked even worse than before, so now I'm gonna double down on my bad logic and keep no one.

Pretty sure I neglected all keepers last season as well and ended up the winner somehow. So just be more lucky, that's my advice. For me the main factor will probably end up being how drunk I am come draft night

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Get your keepers in fools.

I assigned them a while back, but I don't see them as keepers yet. Might be because you have to adjust the number of teams in the league down to 10?

Also just noticed that the OP has the draft set for 4:30PM CDT but the league has it set for Tue Sep 8 8:30pm CDT (which would be much preferred to 4:30). Which is it?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 7, 2020

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

I assigned them a while back, but I don't see them as keepers yet. Might be because you have to adjust the number of teams in the league down to 10?

Also just noticed that the OP has the draft set for 4:30PM CDT but the league has it set for Tue Sep 8 8:30pm CDT (which would be much preferred to 4:30). Which is it?

Whatever the league site says is what it'll be, so the 8:30pm cdt. I'll try to get things finalized later today when I have access to a computer. The app is limiting the things I'm able to do for some reason.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ok, everything should be updated with keepers inserted into the draft. If something looks off let me know and I'll adjust.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

So it's still too late to keep, correct? They chose them earlier but only now they appear? Five with that just want to make sure of my options. Also no one told me where to send money, are we not doing prizes this year?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Send money via PayPal to my username @ hotmail.com.

If you want keepers still I can add them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

If you want keepers still I can add them.

I can't even see who I had last year, unfortunately. Pretty sure I had either Michael Thomas or McCaffrey though? I get mixed up on which teams are which.

If I had Michael Thomas I'll take him and Josh Jacobs for the second round, if it's McCaffrey I'll just take him. If I had both, I'll take those guys on top obviously. Or just don't do it at all, that's honestly fine too I won't be upset. I'll send the money when I get back home

If I didn't have any of those players, please ignore all of this

Play fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 8, 2020

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Can I do Zelle or CashApp instead?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Can I do Zelle or CashApp instead?

I don't have either of those, just venmo. I can look into setting one up.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I've changed the payouts to the following:

Payouts:
1st place - 60 bucks
2nd place - 30 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks

If anyone has other ideas lets hear them. I eliminated the last place avatar so we can add that back and shift the money around if everyone still wants that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I've changed the payouts to the following:

Payouts:
1st place - 60 bucks
2nd place - 30 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks

If anyone has other ideas lets hear them. I eliminated the last place avatar so we can add that back and shift the money around if everyone still wants that.

I still like the avatar idea but it’s not a must. I’d swap prizes to 60/20 or 55/25 if you did that.

Or if you didn’t want to punish but have something else to play for, adjust the payouts as above and give $10 to the person who has the highest weekly score of the regular season.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I missed the deadline to do Keepers I guess and I can't even see who I had last year anymore

LAME

nm found it I don't want to keep anyone lol

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I missed the deadline to do Keepers I guess and I can't even see who I had last year anymore

LAME

nm found it I don't want to keep anyone lol

On one page it seems to suggest that Wandler did put two keepers in for me, but on another page it lists other teams as having protected keepers but not mine, so I guess we will see! Surprises are always fun

Sent in my cash as well. Hope everyone's ready for the big dance