Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I don't have either of those, just venmo. I can look into setting one up.

I can maybe do Venmo, I'll try it tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

wandler20 posted:

Send money via PayPal to my username @ hotmail.com.

If you want keepers still I can add them.

What's your Venmo? I'll shoot you :10bux:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

waah posted:

What's your Venmo? I'll shoot you :10bux:

@nwandler

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now that was a fast draft. 45 minutes? Flew by.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

gently caress, I completely forgot the draft was tonight.

somewhat depressingly the autodraft looks about as good as I ever manage anyways

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheFlyingLlama posted:

somewhat depressingly the autodraft looks about as good as I ever manage anyways

Me too! How'd I do?

:lol: Looks significantly better than my team last season. Maybe I should autodraft all the time.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 9, 2020

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

:yossame:

I was busy with work anyway. Got Dak again for QB! Sure, why not!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
gently caress you Yahoo I drafted better than a C

The only compliment it gave me was drafting Ruggs with my final pick lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

Me too! How'd I do?

:lol: Looks significantly better than my team last season. Maybe I should autodraft all the time.

lol, in my other league my Yahoo grade was a D and they told me I should've just autodrafted.

Edit: The top 4 grades went to the guys who all had keepers.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 9, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Prepare to be CRUSHED

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I probably shoulda taken a keeper but I was lazy and also why would I keep anyone from a team when I was absolute garbage.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I've changed the payouts to the following:

Payouts:
1st place - 60 bucks
2nd place - 30 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks

If anyone has other ideas lets hear them. I eliminated the last place avatar so we can add that back and shift the money around if everyone still wants that.

Silly Burrito posted:

I still like the avatar idea but it’s not a must. I’d swap prizes to 60/20 or 55/25 if you did that.

Or if you didn’t want to punish but have something else to play for, adjust the payouts as above and give $10 to the person who has the highest weekly score of the regular season.

Anyone else have thoughts? Probably best to nail this down before the season starts.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I like the idea of avatar and 55/25/10. Let's hear from a few others before setting it.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I like seeing other people suffer so I like the avatar, but with a caveat. If the avatar is still somehow funding he-man woman beater then we just shift the money for the Av into the prize pool.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

I like seeing other people suffer so I like the avatar, but with a caveat. If the avatar is still somehow funding he-man woman beater then we just shift the money for the Av into the prize pool.

Good idea.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

waah posted:

I like this.

And it's nice to see you still wearing the avatar proudly.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It gave me the second to worst draft grade and all but called me a loving moron for drafting Tarik Cohen in like the 12th round. I look forward to shoving it up Yahoo's rear end

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

wandler20 posted:

And it's nice to see you still wearing the avatar proudly.

I am gonna get rid of it as soon as I am sure where my :10bux: is going lol.

I dunno if proudly is the right word, maybe begrudgingly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

I am gonna get rid of it as soon as I am sure where my :10bux: is going lol.

I dunno if proudly is the right word, maybe begrudgingly.

I think Athanatos will change your av for free if you ask him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I think Athanatos will change your av for free if you ask him.

There's a thread for it in QCS

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934042

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I typo'd my team name, it should be The CGNU Dumples, now corrected on Yahoo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:10bux: sent your way!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Goddammit Hill had to get a TD at the end :argh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I dislike having to root for Matt Ryan to do well. Maybe next week I'll play my backup QB *checks Yahoo* Ben Roethlisberger

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Evans is listed as active after all, gently caress it, I'm gonna play him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Evans is listed as active after all, gently caress it, I'm gonna play him.

This was almost the worst decision but then he got a garbage time TD to give me 7 points instead of 0.

Come on Cowboys! And Kupp!

eta: :siren: Dak 2 Zeke and I own both

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 14, 2020

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Just one more win and I'm already better than last year.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Single digits from my WR1 and my RB2. Joyous.

I was so happy to keep Saquon Barkley, and I completely forgot his OC now is Jason loving Garrett.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: MELVIN loving GORDON :siren: with the 4th quarter TD run to pull me to a win!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:prepop: Wow.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so uh, I am absolutely fuckin' praying for no stat corrections tomorrow lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Holy poo poo!

My team was a complete pile of poo poo. And my fantasy team wasn't much better.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Wow I loving crushed! At one point I was convinced I would have at least 180 points but then a bum-rear end performance from Michael Thomas of only 4.7 points put that to bed.

But with Chris Carson, Josh Jacobs, and Adam Theilen I ended up having a good proportion of the two-touchdown + players in the NFL on week 1 (Jacobs had 3 lol). Then they Let Russ Cook (tm) to the tune of 4 td passes which put it to bed. Even with some bad decision like the Tampa Bay defense which netted me 0 points and starting Hayden Hurst over Dallas Goedert which lost me over 15.

It won't last, but it's good to start out right. Don't think I've won my opener either year I've participated in this

GD_American posted:

Single digits from my WR1 and my RB2. Joyous.

I was so happy to keep Saquon Barkley, and I completely forgot his OC now is Jason loving Garrett.

Hey at least he got some yards on screen passes iirc....

He'll get better, I'm sure. He would've probably had McCaffrey like numbers if he was going against the Panthers like Jacobs was instead of the Steelers. My first keeper ended up garbo as well so far, not even 5 points but this is Michael Thomas and Saquon we're talking about here, they'll get theirs

Remarkable. I've seen a .1 difference but that was in a multi-team league where you play 6 games a week, that's crazy. By the way, if you actually get a perfect tie does it end in a tie? Or is there some tiebreaker function like QB score or something

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I lost but it's good to see the team get over 120. Although a whole lot of that was Davante Adams getting 41.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mike Thomas is hurt now apparently and is going to miss several weeks... thus begins the slow decline.

At the very least I still have Emmanual Sanders to spell him, but who knows how that will work out.

I see at the top of my team screen something about having used 0 of 1 IR slots. How exactly does that work, can you do that with our rules? I can't find a control to make that happen

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

Mike Thomas is hurt now apparently and is going to miss several weeks... thus begins the slow decline.

At the very least I still have Emmanual Sanders to spell him, but who knows how that will work out.

I see at the top of my team screen something about having used 0 of 1 IR slots. How exactly does that work, can you do that with our rules? I can't find a control to make that happen

You have to wait until they're officially put on IR, then you just click on that player and drag it to the IR spot.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

You have to wait until they're officially put on IR, then you just click on that player and drag it to the IR spot.

Thanks. I kinda assumed that it was just your own decision, like if a guy was injured you could stash him away for a few weeks without losing a slot. That'd be cool. But it's based on what the team does. And they are not going to be putting Michael Thomas on IR, I fear, although I know there will be more guys on IR this year due to the relaxed rules

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

Thanks. I kinda assumed that it was just your own decision, like if a guy was injured you could stash him away for a few weeks without losing a slot. That'd be cool. But it's based on what the team does. And they are not going to be putting Michael Thomas on IR, I fear, although I know there will be more guys on IR this year due to the relaxed rules

They probably will if he will be out for at least three weeks, if nothing else to free up a spot for another WR.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
omg Aaron Jones has 45 points and there's still like 9 minutes left in the game :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

All of my men are having drat fine days, this is what I like to see.

And the Bucs won! :toot: