Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Non Fiction DragonBall Book
Goku
Ryu
Joke Answer
Toaster
View Results

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Flaggy posted:

Seriously, I can't name all of them. Please feel free to recommend some, post what you like, seriously, ANYTHING Non-Fiction!

Let me recommend Salt, Cod, and The Basque History of the World by Mark Kurlansky. Kurlansky is a journalist with very readable and engaging prose and looking at broad world history through a particular lens is always interesting.

I got distracted and haven't checked back in for a decade or so, but he's clearly written more:

http://www.markkurlansky.com/books.aspx

ulmont fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Also anything by Mary Roach:

"Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers (2003),
Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife (2005) (published in some markets as Six Feet Over: Adventures in the Afterlife),
Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex (2008),
Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void (2010),
My Planet: Finding Humor in the Oddest Places,
Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal (2013), and
Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War"

http://maryroach.net/books-news.html