Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Non Fiction DragonBall Book
Goku
Ryu
Joke Answer
Toaster
View Results

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I have just started How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan. If you haven't heard of it, this book is a journalistic accounting of the history and use of psychedelics (focusing on LSD, DMT, and psylocibin--MDMA being a different mechanism doesn't qualify but is also covered somewhat) focusing especially on its new resurgence as a tool in psychology and therapeutics. Also, apparently while researching the book the author, a journo, became so intrigued he became a participant, so its part documentary in the third person, partially in first.

So far (50 odd pages in) its wonderfully written and pulls you along, and even though we are still in the early stages of scene setting by covering the discovery and early use of psychedelics in therapy up to being listed class I and the early cracks in the walls to present day experimentation I am hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU