Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I know he's Forgotten Realms and not Dragonlance but Elminster sucks poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Galewolf posted:

So...all fantasy novels and short stories then? :rimshot:

The memories are coming back, the Pandoras box is open now.

Salvatore had a trilogy which was basically Drizzt but a generic hero, you guessed it, good at swords. He had a wacky gnome rogue (dwarf?) friend and archer lady as love interest and the main baddies were like bigger sized humanoid cyclopses and a wizard I think.

It's literally Drizzt with his bantering fellows but the lead guy had ONLY one magical sword.

The Crimson Shadow series. It wasn't as good as the Golden Spearwielder series, but as a whole I think it was better than the DemonWars series (although I do like the magical rocks of that series).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
To all the people saying they didn't read Eragon because the dragons looked dumb and it was the right choice, you are absolutely correct. Those books sucked rear end, a bunch of boring horsepiss. And the tie-in game was even worse.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

Last ones I've read is unseen academicals and uh the wintersmith and they were still good.

The Tiffany Aching books were all pretty good. The last two Vimes books were really bad, though, and that was probably in part because of his ailing health and worsening dementia.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Speaking of RA Salvatore he sometimes likes to include monks in his books and have them use nunchaku but he always calls them "exotic eastern flails" and it pisses me off every goddamn time.