Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Empty Sandwich posted:

I get it. We all like different things. Different genres of music. Different fast-food restaurant offerings. Different official TSR campaign settings with associated adventure modules and New York Times bestselling novels and short story collections.

Tastes are subjective. One person's 2001 is another person's The Number 23.

I try not to boo when someone cheers, but I'm going lay out my case in a series of posts: Dragonlance sucks.

You're welcome and encouraged to refute support my points. You might also call me an old and degenerate nerd, if you manage to turn on your monitor, but I'd rather hear why you do or don't agree that this sucky IP is sucky.

Let's delve.

I had a Dragonlance-themed game for the Apple IIc, and good god it was bad. It was some kind of fantasy strategy game, but the mechanics made no sense, and the graphics were terrible even by IIc standards: it was like globs of fat pixels marching across the screen, forever. I guess the books were the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU