Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Spazzle posted:

All corporate fiction sucks. None of it is good.

Does My Work is Not Yet Done by Ligotti count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Prince Reggie K posted:

I know this is an old thing to quote but that's basically the plot of Jane Yolen's Pitt Dragon books. ( The planet is called AustarIV) I read those at like age 7 or 8 and barely remember a bunch of cringey stuff that maybe others can verify or not.

Main character ( a boy) has an effeminate, fawning boy lusting for him the whole first book and it's weird. He also goes to try to save a (underage?) girl who specifically stated to be a prostitute. The girl is also his slavemaster's daughter and he basically says he can bone her if he saves her? People crawling into dragon vaginas to do like a rebirth thing to gain psychic powers? uh, lots and lots of weird stuff.

I'm pretty sure I read that series around the same age as you did, and I don't remember anything about it other than one of the kids' dragons dies.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Agreed, asimov's work in general hasn't really aged well.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Imagine being that teenager that ran away from home in order to go live with Piers Anthony. That has got to be the most embarrassing poo poo