Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

Actually- there could be a market for an abridged WoT series that cuts the fat. It could be a pretty decent set.

Ain't that just the Amazon series

(I'm halfway through wot and actually enjoying it bc I'm a goon so I'm not watching it. Don't want my mental image spoiled. Like a goon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I tried to read a Shannara book but I started with the third one and like one chapter in the main cast themselves started being like 'wow this is exactly the same as the first book!' so I stopped reading

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Spazzle posted:

All the Shannara books are the same story every time. This is not an exaggeration.

Aren't there like 40 of them at this point

:psyduck:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Are they still just searching for the sword over and over or whatever? Even mother loving dragon ball had the good sense to be like 'we had a few good searches now finding the things is trivially easy and covered with a time skip'

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Is zelazny the amber guy? I remember reading the first one of those and thinking all the women were exceptionally flat and lifeless but it was a long time ago

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

precision posted:

(that said, he WAS a golden age sci fi writer so his stuff does skew a bit towards "cool guys and the girls that swoon after them", i just don't think it's nearly as much a problem as in his peers' work)

Maybe! It was like 2010 and I'd found some 'the greatest list of the greatest fantasy series' list as decided on by reddit so I'm not sure what the contemporaneous writing was like

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

poisonpill posted:

Anyway I'll have a chocolate frosty and large fries (I like to dip them)

In the chocolate frosty?? No no no vanilla is the only correct option for this application

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

precision posted:

i'm sorry but dipping french fries into a vanilla frosty is just too weird even for this thread

in fact vanilla frostys, in general, suck and should be avoided or destroyed

Given the thread I think I have to challenge you to a duel of blades now

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Asterite34 posted:

magically irradiated his balls

OK I need to read these books actually

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

All I remember was some questionable gender politics (dudes can't do magic bc it makes the crazy evil, bc men suck, ooh bad men with no self control or agency to not be evil!) with the wizard ladies.

Iirc it's not that men are inherently bad it's that they can only tap the male half of the Magic Source and that got booby trapped and tainted during Historic Events

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

no but i did read the first book of the dark tower and that was pretty bad

(uhhhhh apparently dude re-did it in 2003? I read the original version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

all i remember was "two guys walk across the desert, visions with Corn Boy" but i'm pretty sure that was the whole book

the blind guardiandemons & wizards track slays tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FDEcZ5ETA8