Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Tracy Hickman named Laurana after his wife, Elizabeth

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lol, it’s GBS so I was making a bad joke. His wife’s name is Laura.

aw man i wish you had let me go on thinking this might be true. dragonlance is a sundae of absurdity and this would have been the cherry on top. :sigh:

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 22, 2020

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

as i read this thread i am realizing all the fantasy stuff i consumed when i was young has kind of melted together in my memory and faded, like sidewalk chalk in a rainstorm.

my most distinct dragonlance memory is occasionally seeing that magestones ad in comic books.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

if we're broadening the purview of this thread to include good fantasy books, i'd like to call back to

Dear Watson posted:

Lloyd Alexander

the chronicles of prydain were more influenced by welsh mythology than by tolkein, and that made them stand out from the books full of rehashed d&d tropes that filled the bookstores back in the day. also, like ursula leguin, he was actually a good writer so he didn't have to resort to pooping dragons and sexy ogres to sell books.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

i also know this post is from a couple of days ago but i would like to point out that this is clearly an illustration of the two guys who used to hang out with ernest p. worrell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

i feel like they missed an opportunity by not making the sling on top of the hoopac bat-shaped