Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

super sweet best pal posted:

Aslan tier: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; The Magician's Nephew
Good tier: Prince Caspian, Dawn Treader, Silver Chair
poo poo tier: Horse and His Boy, Last Battle

reepicheep makes an appearance in the last battle! that made the book for my daughter when i was reading them all to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

poisonpill posted:

I didn’t realize that the last battle was a Christian parable, but I also didn’t realize that they died. In retrospect I don’t think I made it that far in the books.

eustice and jill mention the last thing they remember from the world in england is hearing a really loud noise on the train before they came back to narnia and peter and edmond mention the last thing they remember is seeing the train make the turn too fast while they were waiting on the platform. by the end it's pretty spelled out that aslan's country and the garden that opened its gates for them is heaven. presumably the train crash killed the characters on the train and the ones standing on the platform waiting to greet them.

the characters they met in narnia died during the battle.

the book was published only a few years before lewis died so while the "heaven :rolleyes:" is a pretty common reaction to it, i think it's worth looking at in context.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
im not religious is any way so there's probably more obvious poo poo i missed over the course of the series other than aslan being god or jesus or whatever

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
he did susan dirty

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

precision posted:

the lion is a jesus

that's what i thought from the resurrection but he makes his own world and i thought that was a god thing so i just considered him a mashup