Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Runcible Cat posted:

ngl would buy the poo poo out of POUNDED BY THE PIGEON EMPEROR if I saw it on a shelf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatoful_Boyfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

a book of short stories that included giant birds hatching from planets and earth was next).

That sounds cool, do you remember the book/story title?

quote:

When I was an edgy older teen I started Anthony’s Incarnation series but I have no memory of the second book and third I stopped a chapter or two in, I couldn’t take it anymore although I don’t remember why. However, I have exactly one memory from Pale Horse: the way the protag’s love interest was tortured near the end of the book, and how he was convinced it wasn’t really happening and was the bad guy’s tricking him into giving up. It disturbed me then, it disgusts me now, and I’m thankful I stopped reading the series. If anything it put me off fantasy almost altogether and to this day I won’t go into a book/series without researching for content warnings and/or checking if the author has done anything egregious.

You were right to stop. I've thankfully forgotten a lot about the earlier books, except that every few pages involved a female character getting her clothing damaged in some way. And the torture scene you remember involved nipple damage, all described in graphic detail.

I do remember that the last published Incarnations book (And Eternity) involved blatant rape apologia (men can't help it!) and I think a pedophile literally becomes God/an angel because he's good at heart. Apparently there was meant to be a sequel that Anthony couldn't get published, which featured sibling incest and sex battles.

The Mode tetralogy was another Anthony series I noped out of after two books because Anthony couldn't stop talking about female characters' underwear, and there was an alternate world were women wore diapers, and the differences in modesty standards between worlds comes up every three pages or so lest we forget it. If I recall correctly one of the later ones had horse bestiality.