Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

13Pandora13 posted:

The US isn't "civilization" and it's not going to be the end of the world (even for Americans) for it to no longer be the #1 dominant global power.

Buddy, if you think the US is the only place with disaster on the horizon then you just don't loving get it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

13Pandora13 posted:

The US isn't "civilization" and it's not going to be the end of the world (even for Americans) for it to no longer be the #1 dominant global power.

It's a lot easier to launder clinical depression and anxiety through apocalyptic nihilism that only further alienates you from your peers and the world around you than it is to make yourself vulnerable by actually caring about things and leaving the bubble of your incredible material comfort to make an effort to connect with others.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's not that bad, yet

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sleeveless posted:

It's a lot easier to launder clinical depression and anxiety through apocalyptic nihilism that only further alienates you from your peers and the world around you than it is to make yourself vulnerable by actually caring about things and leaving the bubble of your incredible material comfort to make an effort to connect with others.

What a chump, making yourself vulnerable! I'll be out by the dumpster smoking cloves, you can't make me be like you DAD

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

13Pandora13 posted:

I think you'll find that America and Americans will decide what is and isn't going to be the end of the world, thank you very much

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I refuse to take this facing up.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You don't wanna miss it, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

13Pandora13 posted:

baghdad had a heatwave with a high of 125 fahrenheit recently. death valley hit 130. all current efforts to mitigate climate change fall laughably short, and we're seeing our worst-case projections for its effects be either met or destroyed with facts and logic. it may not be for another double-digit number of years, but we will absolutely see the collapse of what we now recognize as civilization in our lifetime

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Stunt_enby posted:

baghdad had a heatwave with a high of 125 fahrenheit recently. death valley hit 130. all current efforts to mitigate climate change fall laughably short, and we're seeing our worst-case projections for its effects be either met or destroyed with facts and logic. it may not be for another double-digit number of years, but we will absolutely see the collapse of what we now recognize as civilization in our lifetime

Haha surely well just invent our way out of it :grin:

Your grandsons will be living on Mars and they'll look back and chuckle at all this!!

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Who wants to take me at 3/1 that one of these places will be completely gone from floods within 15 years

Miami, Venice, Jakarta, Havana, Florida Keys (call this a 2 for 1), New Orleans

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Aim higher. Maybe a megatornado will lift Manhattan Island and throw it into California Permainferno in 6-9 years

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'll take you at all of them. As the end of civilisation grows nearer I've noticed my standards as just plummeting.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Aim higher. Maybe a megatornado will lift Manhattan Island and throw it into California Permainferno in 6-9 years

I'll take that at 10/1

I'm a pretty conservative gambler

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

Buddy, if you think the US is the only place with disaster on the horizon then you just don't loving get it!

Guy unwillingly being in the UK just checking in to say... yeah.

The end of the world didn't happen like predicted. No nuclear war - no skynet. The current plague isn't something dramatic like airborne rabies turning us all into 28 days later style zombies. It just sort of creeped up on us and half the population of the planet just don't care or are completely blind to everything going on around them. And that's not counting the nutjobs actually wanting it to happen.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'd say it's bad if you're like a Christian nutjob who wants the world to end because you'll get your very own magical planet but very good if you think humanity is a cancer on this blue dot :downs:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
hmmm... gotta get some more canned food... and jigsaw puzzles...

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Kill all muties *mutates* Kill all normies

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
pondering myself at 70, a grandpa simpson-type figure trying to explain to bored kids what a "combination pizza hut and taco bell" was

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Imagine if there's calorie rich food everywhere, but you didn't want any of it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ve been putting off getting LASIK for like 10 years but I’ve had a few discussions about it with my partner lately and “you won’t have to worry about losing your glasses in the wasteland” came up as an argument in the pro column without any irony.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Civilization isn't collapsing.

But America is.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I’ve been putting off getting LASIK for like 10 years but I’ve had a few discussions about it with my partner lately and “you won’t have to worry about losing your glasses in the wasteland” came up as an argument in the pro column without any irony.

no joke I've been kicking myself for not getting it before everyone decided to roni the countryside for this reason.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Unironically this may have been one of the reasons I got PRK earlier this year. Recommend it if you got the cash lol

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

DickParasite posted:

I bet cannibalism will actually be kinda neat

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm just gonna show my butt to everyone I can. Consequence free butt showing. IT's a dream come true

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

A lotta good meat on them cheeks, chummer

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
It's been a while since I watched but I do remember those assless chaps from mad max 2.

Front page article from beck when SA was relevant.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gonna go face down to civilization and let it collapse my neg hole

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Colonel Cancer posted:

You are born a mutant lord, you don't choose it

:biotruths:

I'd never heard of PRK and after looking it up it seems on the face of it a worse idea but the article I read said maybe it's better, especially for the wastes. Any comments?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I've already resigned to the fact that if I somehow make it to 50 not too shortly after there's probably gonna be some sort of big party involving me that will be a lot like that guy who busted his terminally ill wife out of the nursing home to have that Meth Death Party and they prosecuted the poor bastard anyway for her death :rip:

edit: when I said big party I meant I'll probably be 600 pounds not that there will be a lot of people there or anything I mean gently caress I'm a 600 pound drug addict for fucks sake

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Weka posted:

:biotruths:

I'd never heard of PRK and after looking it up it seems on the face of it a worse idea but the article I read said maybe it's better, especially for the wastes. Any comments?

PRK takes longer to heal but it's also irreversible unlike LASIK. And when I say "reversible" I really mean under traumatic conditions like getting banged on a head or doing sports stuff or crashing a car. If you can spare some extra time to heal (about a week of being extra careful and wearing protective shades outside, and a month of various drops) I'd say it's the superior option.

Also I do believe that PRK covers a greater range of eye hosed-upness but don't quote me on this.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well, America is getting worse

But I guess to Americans "america" is the entire world.

Look, just don't go start wars in the middle east so we get less global financial and refugee problems and we're good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Also, we're clearly going to have to nuke America and China to solve the global climate problem

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
imagine giving a poo poo

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

Well, America is getting worse

But I guess to Americans "america" is the entire world.

Look, just don't go start wars in the middle east so we get less global financial and refugee problems and we're good
congrats you're the 3rd person to post this garbage-rear end take that, ironically, shows how little you know of countries that aren't america

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
civilisation isn't even close to collapsing lmao. sorry to disappoint.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Imagine Drag Gunts

Cherube Goldberg
Nov 15, 2014
Like imagine if the global trade system fails lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Be the change you want to see in the world :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jeza posted:

civilisation isn't even close to collapsing lmao. sorry to disappoint.

You take that back! :argh: