Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
What the fuuuuuuck you are flying through this!

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I would have walked away from that rust... your results are great! Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Tomarse posted:

Doesn’t feel like I am flying through it :(

Was hoping by now to have the engine bay welding all done, the bay resprayed and the engine in and able to be started...

In reality I have spent £1000 on parts and have not yet actually got to the point where I can fit _any_ of them. My living room is full of saab parts and I have used 0.5 m^2 of metal sheet..

You are certainly quicker than I. Took me 9 months to swap the diff on my BMW... NINE MONTHS

It feels like you'll get done with this soon.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
I laughed at using the truck as a bearing press. :D

Great progress here. You are still flying through it.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
Echoing others; holy poo poo you are talented. I am still blown away at how fast you are doing this... sheesh.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Tomarse posted:

There is lots of progress happening because I have been doing maybe only 1 or 2 hours per day of actual proper paid work because the world is in the poo poo :(

I did a lot of sanding and fillering today and went to the paint shop and bought some paint.
I think It’s gonna take me a lot of primer build to get this roof flat as it has had a respray in the past and the old paint is quite thick in places at the back - so I’m gonna try and blast a first primer coat over it on Sunday I think - expecting to then have to spend another day fixing and filling it and building some areas up.
I can’t even easily sand through the old paint to remove it - but it’s well attached on the roof so it can stay!

I feel like I’m going about this car in a bit of a messed up order...

I still have a load of welding to do on the outer wing, inner arches, rear suspension mounts, inner sills and front valence - but I’m going to get the roof, bulkhead and engine bay painted first...

I want to do this so I can fit the windscreen and make the car weatherproof (and get the windscreen off my sofa..), fit the engine to get it out of my way and then start refitting a lot of the dash and interior poo poo that is currently filling my living room and hall.

If I can also make the engine start and run it’s gonna make moving it around to work on it a lot easier - I’m just going to have to be really careful to cover it up all the time when I’m grinding.

Well... the world is indeed in the poo poo. At least you are taking that and turning it into productivity. That's positive!

I like your plan! This is way over my head in repairs, but that seems like a good approach. Keep us updated.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
Wow this is looking great. I am barely remembering how bad it was in the begining.

Keep it going, you are doing a fantastic job. :)

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
Jeez look at this progress! WOOOO!

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
Jeez, crazy amount of work.

It is looking like a mighty fine vehicle!

Other than the sill, do you expect MOT failure? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
The progress made is astounding!

Loving the mix of new and old. Those seats are freaking radical and it amazes me how little feeling we have with interiors now.

Excited that this is close to running, wow.