Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I took a look at the patch notes and hell yeah those Birb buffs. From my sample size of 1 game with maxed out Max Cleave ascension before this patch, getting any cleaves back on kill ranges from "easier to spam" to "never ever running out ever again." Especially since one cleave attack can kill multiple enemies. This is a pretty huge buff for sustainability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I just unlocked birb last night and won with it on Elite right away. I had mostly shyed away from picking Cleave stuff and went for more guns/leap build but I really didnt have much good synergy but it was still powerful, although really most of my power came from Advanced Depot,a bunch of legendary -damage taken/cooldown reduction on hit/3 ghost shield/regen armor on primary skill use/etc and Crimson Shooter gun, which I think completely nullified my +damage/+lucky chance after reload ascension and first shot in clip does +50% damage but oh well. I still dove into their face and shot things. I had a really good Bone Dragon but man it really poo poo the bed hard by the time I got to the swamp level so I swapped it out for an Illusion which was nice with never having to reload but at the end of the day, it was really my Crimson gun with no reloading and leaping into faces that carried me to an easy victory there

Next time I'm gunna try going all in on Cleave. I think I'm at the point I can pretty reliably get to the last boss and usually beat it on Elite. Is Nightmare worth playing now?

Also drat all the bows feel kinda bad. Ive just been unlocking like 3 new ones in a row and they did not feel good at all, like shooting spaghetti but having to charge to shoot a noodle.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to like Dog more but every time I see a Justice while playing him I feel nothing but immense sadness

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ciaphas posted:

I want to like Dog more but every time I see a Justice while playing him I feel nothing but immense sadness

I'm confused why you would get sad finding Slappy on a run as Dog? I loving dual wield those lizards if I can get away with it, especially with some +explosion ascensions. Slappy (Justice) 100% used to be garbage before a patch that changed it so the grenades would actually self detonate much faster so as to be usable while dual-wielding.

Before that though I would 100% agree with you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh, i thought they didn't self-detonate at all :doh: i literally thought "ah, Demoman stickies" and everything that implies

well at least this makes playing Dog a lot more pleasant!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Well you weren't entirely incorrect, just a month late on being hella sad for it lol. Trust me it broke my heart when I learned of it back before the patch that fixed it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i can still be kinda slightly sad about crimson firescales though, right

though I guess at least you still accrue fireballs while dual wielding so that's not so bad

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Well sure, any weapon with a secondary skill you can't use is totally worth being slightly sad about, but really a lot of them are still good/usable without them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
you can't dual-wield talismans, he has 4 legs god damnit, smdh dog bad now

after a solid half-dozen wins on normal+elite im gunna shelf the game for now and let it stew. it's really good and i think weapon/scroll variety is solid enough but they really need more minibosses, bosses, enemy variety, alternate levels/biomes.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Xaris posted:

you can't dual-wield talismans, he has 4 legs god damnit, smdh dog bad now

after a solid half-dozen wins on normal+elite im gunna shelf the game for now and let it stew. it's really good and i think weapon/scroll variety is solid enough but they really need more minibosses, bosses, enemy variety, alternate levels/biomes.

That's about where I'm at. The game is absolutely fantastic, it just needs more levels/bosses and probably a level order randomizer.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Dog with two Glimmerings with max Mad bomber with fire Regan got me past 2 mil damage.

Just make sure you got something to deal with ammo and carpal tunnel.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Xaris posted:

Sound about where I'm at too, I still got a few unlocks left to do, but if I get those done now there won't be anything else to work towards after, so I'm just going to wait and hope they add more characters/stages/bosses/etc. I wonder if a new mode could help longevity for the game, what would be a good mode to even add for this game? Maybe game modifies (Yo dawg, I heard you like scrolls, so we put scrolls into your scrolls on top of even more scrolls).

Games solid though, and I cannot complain about the low low price of it either, it has already overshadowed Risk of Rain 2 in play time for me which I got back when they released it as a two for one early access deal, so like a year plus at this point, and I've had Gunfire for less then two weeks, Gunfire's hooks got pretty deep in me, ouch! RoR2 was just too RNG for my taste, you kinda just end up playing what is given to you by the RNG and have no choice in the matter, you either last long enough to snowball or don't.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm at sixty hours myself and frankly, it's kind of like Isaac or gungeon was for me. An easy game to play to kill some time, listen to a video/podcast and enjoy blasting stuff. Except I can regularly win unlike the previous two games! And there's a lot of variety in doing dumb challenge stuff or try silly things.

That said, the game will only get better with more variety and something else to spend meta currency on after you max out the talent tree. More guns, more scrolls, more ways to get both, more enemies, more levels. Maybe not too many guns or scrolls, bloat is always terrible to have happen.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The newest update adds some routes

Level
Add new routes for Longling-Tomb Stage 1, Anxi Desert Stage 1, and Shoreside Valley

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm really curious to see how they turn out! I've def noticed rather than true procgen, the game seems to have a big premade map with specific routes through it chosen each run. It's an interesting take and certainly lets the devs better craft those levels.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SaffronKit posted:

I'm really curious to see how they turn out! I've def noticed rather than true procgen, the game seems to have a big premade map with specific routes through it chosen each run. It's an interesting take and certainly lets the devs better craft those levels.

Are there any rooms where you end up coming in from different entrances? I swear I can't remember any.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Turin Turambar posted:

The newest update adds some routes

Level
Add new routes for Longling-Tomb Stage 1, Anxi Desert Stage 1, and Shoreside Valley

Lack of different routes is probably my main complaint with the game right now, interested in this

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Big balance update today along with a bunch of new things! New level type (defend the objective), new vaults(loot goblin dragon), new weapon ( pump shotgun with individually loaded shells), new elite monster, new occult scrolls (3 team based scrolls, 2 basic scrolls)!

And they buffed my boy Slappy massively! :swoon: Gonna have to pick this up again soon, looks like enough new stuff to entertain for a while!

Also seems like the devs want to do more work on the new hero and boss they want to add, still a lot of bugs with them apparently.

Seriously though wow, they really buffed some of the weapons. Fire Dragon got it's biggest down side (range so low you couldn't hit final boss cannons) fixed just to mention another big one, and a bunch of weapons with spin up benefits got a delay added before going back down to their base value.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 25, 2020

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
My already-favorite weapon, the Illusion, is now even better. Once the fire rate has ramped up, you can stop firing for a few beats to re-aim, and when you fire again you still get the higher rate of fire.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Well something good happened in this terrible year.

1 million copies worldwide!
:toot:

Oh and the roadmap to 1.0

3 more heroes, 3 more bosses and a campaign mode, all for like :10bux:. I was expecting 1 new hero and maybe a boss for two, but not 3, and I wonder how the campaign will play out in this sort of game.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Dead thread RIP.

Anyway I picked up RoboQuest during the recent sale hoping for more the same, and boy does RoboQuest lack in a lot of ways, everything is so bland in that game, enemies are just side stepping target dummies, or even worse, just stationary... and all the guns are just your standard stock Counter-Strike tropes guns like AK47, etc. It's faster paced I'll give it that though, oh and it also lacks some serious content, 6ish hours and I've already unlocked all the meta-progression stuff, oh well I guess.

Gunfire really hammered the sweet spot in this genre, and now I appreciate this game a heck of a lot more now after playing RoboQuest. Oof.

/Virgin RoboQuestion vs. Chad Gunfire Meme

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

Dead thread RIP.

Anyway I picked up RoboQuest during the recent sale hoping for more the same, and boy does RoboQuest lack in a lot of ways, everything is so bland in that game, enemies are just side stepping target dummies, or even worse, just stationary... and all the guns are just your standard stock Counter-Strike tropes guns like AK47, etc. It's faster paced I'll give it that though, oh and it also lacks some serious content, 6ish hours and I've already unlocked all the meta-progression stuff, oh well I guess.

Gunfire really hammered the sweet spot in this genre, and now I appreciate this game a heck of a lot more now after playing RoboQuest. Oof.

/Virgin RoboQuestion vs. Chad Gunfire Meme

Well, I guess I should post here what I wrote two days ago in the roguelike thread:

quote:

There are two roguelite FPS with cartoon graphics and metaprogression in EA, both are cheap (between 10 and 14€) and both have Overwhelmingly Possitive steam reviews : RoboQuest and Gunfire Reborn. I'm intrigued by both and by the mere fact games that similar are being developed in parallel, as if people in different parts of the world noticed there was a market for this, so I decided to try them for ~80-90 min each, and refund them if I'm not convinced, or keep them, or maybe wait until t hey are out of EA.

RoboQuest has very nice gunplay feel for a indie game and despite the variety on weapons, which seems pretty good. There are uzis, sniper rifles, dual pistols, ak47 clones, grenade launchers, flare gun, carbines, shotguns, throwing knives, dual crossbows, laser pistols, beam weapons and more. Movement is silky smooth, too.
However, the combat itself is just decent, and it's a pity because it could been better.

The first issue for me is the double combo of 2 weapon limit + infinite ammo. Technically, there is a starting artifact you can choose to increase the limit to three, however that means giving up another weapon. I would have made the base game limit 3, and 4 with the artifact. In any case, the biggest issue is no having ammo management whatsoever.
It also doesn't have a quick grenade throw button. Well, in fact there are no grenades. Come on, if you are going to copy Halo/Borderlands combat, at least copy all of it. This, together have no ammo management, makes the FPS experience feels more sparse and basic, it's all about just shooting accurately and avoiding enemy fire (all enemies are projectile based) quick enough.
You at least have a single ability that you can use depending on your class, and well, it's all a copy of stuff we have seen before: stealth for a few seconds + extra damage or first short, put a barrier you can shoot through, deploy a turret, etc. It was dull when Borderlands 1 did it many years ago, and it's even more dull now.

The second issue is the enemy design and variety. First problem, like the title indicates, it's all robots as far as the eye can see. The don't react to being shot with pain states, nor shout, nor there is gore, and I know this is making me sound like a psychopath lol, but it lost some part of the visceral feel that other games have.
The second problem is that most basic enemies are very similar and there isn't a lot of types. The three basic robots are almost interchangeable, after that we have a turret that is just a turret, and a flying one that it just hovers not doing a lot. They all move slow, and they shoot similar projectiles, with similar RoF and projectile speed.
There are advanced versions of the enemies that are slightly more interesting and more differentiated (although still nothing great), they appear from the second world onwards (after the first boss), butt the first world is dull as hell after the first 7 or 8 playthroughs. Later there are levels with a single new enemy. Still not enough imo, they need 4-5 more enemies, and more interesting ones at that. Where are robots that are able to charge at you? Where are the robots who can repair their allies? Or use stealth camo? You get the idea.

Something I liked is the enemies dropping xp orbs upon killing them, you only have 10? seconds to collect them, so you can't play passively firing from afar, or you will miss the xp.

The build variety is also not very good. You have three slots to put cores, that are just +1, +2, +3 bonus to two stats (see image)

which produces a way of playing that usually is just "pick the highest rated cores the RNG gives you, and then limit yourself to shooting weapons of that color", hurting weapon choice even more.

You also gain a perk every time you level up, but many are things like "+% dmg to non elemental weapons", or "+dmg to melee", "+% dmg in close rage", "critical dmg increases when you don't crit", "crit has a change of doing shock dmg", stuff like that, I don't find them particularly interesting. One allows you to have a shield like in BL. Some examples

<a pair of hours later>

Gunfire Reborn seems the better game, which is interesting as it’s the cheaper game too. This is still very first impression, of course, and both are in EA, so RoboQuest could improve more.
Visually it looks slightly weird at first, with the flat shaded but colorful cartoon visual style, anthropomorphic animals as protagonists and enemies that are a bit too short, they almost seem ‘chibi’ cartoons.

But the gunplay is as good as Roboquest, and it has:

-Quick grenade button, and more interesting to use active skill. Both have effects that can change depending on your build.
-Weapon with ammo capacity, and three types of ammo pools.
-More differentiated classes, with different stats, active skill, passives tree and throwable item.
-More advanced metaprogression (with an entire talent tree screen)
-More advanced build progression: shop sellers, smiths that upgrade your weapons or reroll your affixes, more interesting weapon affixes, three skill trees to progress in each run, occult scrolls with unique effects (with rarities, and cursed ones), etc. In general I see more substantial changes done to your character with the ascensions and scrolls than in Roboquest timid approach.
-Weapons are well done, in that there are several assault rifles, smgs, etc, but in addition of slightly different stats, each one has some unique feature, like throwing it as an explosive, or it reloads while not in use, or can pierce, or it has two fire modes, etc.
-More enemies, and with more variety. I have seen spearmen who dashes and an aoe attack, grenade throwers, big guys with shield who had to be paralyzed and shot from the sides or wait until they present an opening, crossbowmen, some small melee critters, bombers who carry explosive above their heads, spear throwers, etc.Looking at the wiki, there are many more.
-There are enemies with armor bars or shield bars in addition to hp. There is a whole system of status effects and elemental damage, even combos you can do.

Some other differences is that RoboQuest has you double jumping and sprint around, while in Gunfire you can’t sprint (you can dash, but it has a cooldown) and there is no double jump. In Gunfire you have a recharging shield from the start.

I think Roboquest will be eventually be a decent game, but right now Gunfire is better and honestly, I don't see Roboquest reaching the same level, Gunfire has a better base and more content coming too.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Gunfire's still good, but I've done all the things there are to do in it so far.

My gaming group is heavy into Deep Rock Galactic, which is a similarly team-based co-op shooter but has much better endgame progression.

I have 108 hours in Gunfire and 250 in DRG, and I still feel like there's a ton for me to do in DRG.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Gunfire's still good, but I've done all the things there are to do in it so far.

My gaming group is heavy into Deep Rock Galactic, which is a similarly team-based co-op shooter but has much better endgame progression.

I have 108 hours in Gunfire and 250 in DRG, and I still feel like there's a ton for me to do in DRG.

DRG is the hidden GOTY 2020 so yeah.

But in any case DRG is a more straighforward FPS 4-coop in the vein of L4D, so it doesn't really compete with Gunfire in the roguelite aspect of having runs with randomness, etc.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Whenever an update with enough newish content comes out I usually boot up the game to play a few rounds. Looking forward to the new hero and areas they're gonna add, hopefully it'll be coming out soon!

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, I guess I should post here what I wrote two days ago in the roguelike thread:

I think Roboquest will be eventually be a decent game, but right now Gunfire is better and honestly, I don't see Roboquest reaching the same level, Gunfire has a better base and more content coming too.

Agreed on pretty much all of it, you should post this on the RoboQuest forum too btw, maybe a dev will take some of this feedback to heart.

Now I know RoboQuest is still in Early Access, this is true, and while it will get better I'm sure, all my gripes with it, ie. it being almost totally bland on all fronts, I feel are already a little too "core" to the game already, like I don't want more content, more guns, more enemies, if its just another AK47 that goes Brap, Brap, Brap, or another robot target dummy to shoot at or an even bigger turret in a different skin, or a new perk that gives you another 10% to bullet damage. I just don't see them doing a total overhaul 2.0 on many of these points, instead I'm kinda just expecting more content added over time of more the same we already got. I'm honestly shocked this is an Overwhelmingly Positive game on Steam as is.

I mean look at enemies in Gunfire Reborn Here and Here, these are interesting and fun, guns are also all really interesting and fun, you literally squeeze and slap a Lizard to shoot fire, and their Scroll (perks) system can also make for some crazy endgame results like becoming a walking immortal killing machine of death and destruction, fun! And while Gunfire isn't perfect with how some guns are weaker then others, I think at it's core it's all very good and problems can be fixed with just some simple number changes.

About Deep Rock Galactic, I could never get into this, I picked up 3 copies for me, my bother and cousin so we all could play something together because COVID has literally killed all family gatherings, but due to random scheduling, I've yet to be able to get us all in the same game together, and my brother doesn't play games much anyway, so I've been mostly playing it solo, and to me it's soooo tedious in many areas, I personally don't like any of the mining/digging, so that's like 50% of the game right there, and the progression is hella grindy for a non-Korean MMO, it's really dumb to lock gameplay stuff like guns and overclocks that change the way you play behind such a slow grind. But I can still acknowledge DRG is a good game as a L4D alternative to zombies, and no doubt is made 10x better by playing it in a CHAD group of 4 friends all laughing and joking around vs. my VIRGIN solo playing, so yeah, random pubs just don't do it for me, and as a solo game it kinda just sucks. 90 bucks down the drain on that one!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
DRG never felt grind-y to me. It does kind of suck waiting to get a gun unlock, but it happens so fast in the grand scheme of things, especially when you can start doing harder difficulties.

I don't like DRG solo, for what it's worth. It's a good game because it promotes teamwork between the different roles -- if you're missing any of the four, you really feel it.

Gunfire Reborn, on the other hand, works well solo, and with any combination of classes.

Ultimately, I hope they add a bit of replayability to Gunfire. I know it'll probably never have a long endgame given its scope and price point, but it'd be nice to have things to continually work toward.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Im_Special posted:

About Deep Rock Galactic, I could never get into this, I picked up 3 copies for me, my bother and cousin so we all could play something together because COVID has literally killed all family gatherings, but due to random scheduling, I've yet to be able to get us all in the same game together, and my brother doesn't play games much anyway, so I've been mostly playing it solo, and to me it's soooo tedious in many areas, I personally don't like any of the mining/digging, so that's like 50% of the game right there, and the progression is hella grindy for a non-Korean MMO, it's really dumb to lock gameplay stuff like guns and overclocks that change the way you play behind such a slow grind. But I can still acknowledge DRG is a good game as a L4D alternative to zombies, and no doubt is made 10x better by playing it in a CHAD group of 4 friends all laughing and joking around vs. my VIRGIN solo playing, so yeah, random pubs just don't do it for me, and as a solo game it kinda just sucks. 90 bucks down the drain on that one!

Whether DRG is fun is very binary on whether you have 3+ people or not. Haven't tried solo so I don't know how useful BOSCO is (I'm imagining 'not very'), but:
3 players gives you enough tools to quickly handle everything the level generator throws at you. Not always efficiently, sometimes in stupid risky ways that you don't have to deal with if you have all four classes. If you have two players your ability to handle the level generation is narrow enough that if there's something you can't handle efficiently you have to tediously transform it in to a situation you can handle. Unless BOSCO is a miracle worker that's probably like 75% of each level if you're solo.

Also most of the game is hooting and hollering in voice chat and mashing the button that makes your dwarf yell happily while your friends drill/grapple/zipline in to an early grave.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yay, in the same game I unlocked the bird and got to the second boss for the first time. He killed me, of course, but at least it's something.
It was a game with the cat, and I focused on elemental fire damage, and I could get a nice synergy between ascensions and scrolls in that regard. I guess that's the key once you reach the mid game, you need some combo going for whatever character you have. I also took my time, instead of running and gunning like crazy, which given the Cat bigger shield it makes sense, in the end I died in the 55:00 mark. Once they release the new location, each match will need some time to be played.

I guess it's because I still have several weapons locked, but I was thinking the other day how weird the game has many weapons but not a normal assault rifle-like weapon. Cavalry is a three burst rifle, Big Hippo is a minigun, Lightning Blast is more similar to a normall AR in ROF/magazine but it shoots lightning balls. Dragonchaser and Rainbor Arch could be more normall ARs, but I still have them locked.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

One of the main DRG high points is how adequate it is for public coop play. From little things like the revival system being more forgiving, to the jolly atmosphere created by the game (Rock and Stock! No dwarf is left behind!), to the good ways to communicate without needing voice comms. So try public games. Or try the coop goon Discord, of course. With more players, there will be more action, and once you level up a bit you can play higher difficulties that also have more action.
That said, there is always mining to do.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Beating the second boss is a big milestone cause you get Slappy. Don't let the game confuse you by calling the gun Justice, his name is Slappy and he is the best boi.

A lot of winning involves being able to read a weapon and take ones that have really good inscriptions that also fit with your ascension build. Some builds are more agnostic than others but generally I lean towards weapons with lots of Lucky Shot chance or some of the better +Dmg% modifiers. Bird can go completely gun agnostic or lean towards low mag, high damage weapons like shotguns for instance. Dog can go high mag size, fast fire weapons for dualwielding or explosive weapons if you go the boom build. Cat just like elemental weapons in general since you have easy access to Corrosive at all times via your grenades.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I beat the second boss this afternoon. In fact, I have to say that, 11 hours in, I suddenly improved a lot in the game, a mix of getting to know at this point the classes, the enemies, how to combo the elemental effects, etc, and also a bit of help with the metaprogression, of course.

I'm kinda thinking of pausing my progress for now, because I don't want to burn myself on it several months before it's properly released with all the content.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I reached the second area of Duo Fjord.

I have to say that now I'm starting to think the game needs some other difficulty between Normal and Elite. Now the game only has challenge once I reach Desert 3, it seems to me there will be a big gap in between the two difficulties, the metaprogression is a bit too strong to make the game equally interesting at both the first location and the last one.

On the other hand I have to say my last run was one of the most fun things I've played in the last weeks. It was with Bird, with a scroll for extra move speed and another one to receive a -dmg % received buff. Well, that and half a dozen legendaries more, and a build based on cleave. I had 22 cleaves max and an ability that would give me 30 armor per enemy killed. Pure old run & gun.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 19, 2021

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Can I just say how sick I am of fire builds.

But at least it's done now. :toot:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

That's one of the reason to wait for 1.0 version to be honest, as you will be able to progress in all of them simultaneusly, instead of having to play x runs every time they release a few new weapons.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Turin Turambar posted:

That's one of the reason to wait for 1.0 version to be honest, as you will be able to progress in all of them simultaneusly, instead of having to play x runs every time they release a few new weapons.

You think they won't add more to the game over time once 1.0 hits? DLC, free updates, etc. like how Slay the Spire drops a 4th character years after their EA... This game might get support for years to come, its hot poo poo right now, and if that smell continues, then so will support for it. I'm not even sure why it's in Early Access at this point, because that just puts people like you off (not that I blame you, I'm the same way), games in an incredibly polished state right now, could go for a 1.0 release right now for I care, then just add in content over time like your typical update/patch all games do anyway.

The thing about that gun is its requirements to unlock are just hella outta wack grindy compared to everything else that just comes more naturally-ish from playing normally, requiring 60 kills (used to be 100 :aaa: ) of an act 3 enemy (where your lucky to encounter only just 2-3 of them in a run), and they must be killed with fire damage, pure fire damage, not hybrid or anything like that or it won't count. Guns apparently pretty busted or so I hear, so it was worth the effort. Probably.

And don't forget to join the Steam Group!

Also you're crazy.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Turin Turambar posted:

I reached the second area of Duo Fjord.

I have to say that now I'm starting to think the game needs some other difficulty between Normal and Elite. Now the game only has challenge once I reach Desert 3, it seems to me there will be a big gap in between the two difficulties, the metaprogression is a bit too strong to make the game equally interesting at both the first location and the last one.

Elite isn’t that much harder than Normal on balance imo - it also ramps up rewards so much that it has usually felt pretty achievable even tho enemy difficulty is jacked up quite a bit. I’d definitely try it out once you’re passing normal - I think it gives a lot more potential for crazy builds to come together.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Elite is definitely the way the game should be played on, I find the balance to be really good and well tuned on Elite, Normal is basically the tutorial mode. Elite also give your better crazier weapons, more vaults so more scrolls, more dust and coin, basically makes for a better game. Nightmare sucks though, basically has no extra benefits for the player, but enemy/boss damage and HP shoot through the roof making for a slog unless you get lucky and snowball early.

Oh and to address your concern "progress in all of them simultaneously" about the unlocks, the way this game handles them is if you're required to 30 kills of XX mob, and you already had the requirements done before they added the new weapons or scroll, all you need to do is just kill one of that mob to trigger the unlock, so there's not going to be some kind of backlog for grinding.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 23, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

In the discord, in one of the announcements channel, the have uploaded this:

So console and mobile versions are coming.
Also, it seems the new update with the new hero will come in two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Console versions being worked on were a known thing, a mobile version is news to me though, and sounds terrible.

Can't wait to play as the new turtle in two days!