Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh yeah, another quick addendum on injectors, it's worth remembering that with all the talents unlocked, they start with a baseline 50% lucky shot chance, so they tend to scale really well with anything that can dump extra lucky shot on top. Honestly anything that adds more stats is probably good. Even more RoF, crit, lucky shot, extra projectiles, raw damage isn't even terrible. They scale great with everything. There's even two rare inscriptions that add base damage but subtract accuracy or stability...well AFAIK injectors are always 100% accurate with zero recoil so...

Also it applies to most guns, really, but Against the Flow or Skateboarder can enable all sorts of shenanigans that fit together well with the kind of stuff you see on injectors somewhat often. +Lucky Shot or +Projectiles that reset after reloading...well just don't reload. Merciless Combo also makes injectors very, very happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Even with the horde mode nerfs, my friends and I haven't been able to make any headway into the third round. Enemy HP scales up too quickly and we just don't know where to get the damage output we need to put a dent in the mass, especially when there's a handful of Elites getting tossed at us.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Runa posted:

Even with the horde mode nerfs, my friends and I haven't been able to make any headway into the third round. Enemy HP scales up too quickly and we just don't know where to get the damage output we need to put a dent in the mass, especially when there's a handful of Elites getting tossed at us.

DNK and I found it useful to have one person go more AOE (dog or monkey using launchers) and one person more single target dps, for which we used fox and prince. Need some luck with getting builds together of course but that seemed to help

I also finally managed to solo it, got close with dog but failed on the final boss. Used bunny and got pretty lucky with a blade of bloom build. Final boss took a long time but between maxed blade of bloom and a decent radioactive gauntlet I whittled him down

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Runa posted:

Just go cat and find a lightning element weapon. It doesn’t matter if the weapon has good damage, it just needs to proc as much as possible.

The Misma effect (Green + Blue) does % hp damage. As long as you can proc lightning in an AOE (via AOE weapons or good inscriptions) you’ll chew through anything.

The cat also has an ascension which is like “any enemy that dies under smoke grenade explodes”. This can set off insane corpse explosion chains if you clump units together. It also works very well with Miasma. It also scales with enemy hp.

Basically cat is op. The cat is op in every mode because they don’t rely on weapon upgrades and can pop off with extremely common ascensions / basic gear.

edit: and since the whole Miasma spam thing is so easy to pull off, you can ALSO do other things like use Gemini effects to proc fire as well and/or scale hard into skill damage and abuse the “create orb” inscriptions. Note: all of the orb inscriptions scale with skill damage, not weapon damage.

DNK fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 28, 2022

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Acidic Explosion doesn't scale off enemy HP (I think?), it creates a instant burst of damage equivalent to what a smoke grenade would have dealt over its full duration. So not only does Toxic Smoke help scale the damage up, but so does Smoke Genius.

Edit: In general, for horde mode I'd think Prince would benefit from not having any hard synergies in his ascension pool. Very few dead picks, even raw grenade capacity has its place. Whereas other characters need to worry about assembling the right parts, Prince can more easily pick and choose in situ and walk away with something good every time.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 28, 2022

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah miasma is how I've been doing the vast majority of my damage, radioactive gloves seem custom-built specifically to be used as a crutch to deal with how overtuned the horde mode feels.

I've been running bunny rather than cat and also been rolling with the infectious fatal bloom which, thankfully, seems to be a common reward.

But it also feels like Miasma is required because your own damage output doesn't scale up nearly as quickly as the horde's HP numbers. I was dealing four times as much damage as my team combined just on the back of using Miasma. It feels weird that there's exactly one way to deal enough damage to put a dent in the horde and it relies on you getting the correct elemental weapons or ascensions to drop.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Remove radioactive gloves and a pair of broken build interactions, and the Horde mode is hard as hell, I agree.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Runa posted:

Yeah miasma is how I've been doing the vast majority of my damage, radioactive gloves seem custom-built specifically to be used as a crutch to deal with how overtuned the horde mode feels.

I've been running bunny rather than cat and also been rolling with the infectious fatal bloom which, thankfully, seems to be a common reward.

But it also feels like Miasma is required because your own damage output doesn't scale up nearly as quickly as the horde's HP numbers. I was dealing four times as much damage as my team combined just on the back of using Miasma. It feels weird that there's exactly one way to deal enough damage to put a dent in the horde and it relies on you getting the correct elemental weapons or ascensions to drop.

My solo win didn't use miasma...just spores. :v: But even then spores had trouble keeping up with the power curve to some extent.

Turin Turambar posted:

Remove radioactive gloves and a pair of broken build interactions, and the Horde mode is hard as hell, I agree.

Broken build interactions? Why, what do you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFdft9kWjU

:allears:

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 29, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
What did they do to Talisman, my poor baby. I didn't find it in the notes but it sure feels like the projectile speed of talisman got hit hard, and the lockon effect seems... different?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Fixed an issue that the RoF of [Radioactive Gauntlet] is improper. <= So this was it.
Fixed an issue that the damage from [Radioactive Gauntlet] can be missed occasionally.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Small update

quote:

Bizarre Dream
New Option
Lone Wolf
You can choose 1 extra general Spiritual Blessing before a run. But enemies will be fiercer.
Only available in single play. But the amount of enemies is same with in multiplayer (enemy status is not changed). You could select the player counts.

Spiritual Assault
Now you can save up to 3 Spirit Concentrator plans for each hero, and select one of them before game start.

Spiritual Jade
New
[Chrono Magazine]: -3s Primary Skill cooldown every time you reload.
[Chromatic Magazine]: Release an Elemental pulse every time you reload.
[Vibrative Timer]: There is an 20% chance to reset Primary Skill cooldown every time you defeat an enemy.
[Total Recovery]: Fully recover HP, Armor/Shield and ammo reserve every time you level up.
[Lightweights]: For every empty slot in Spirit Concentrator, +5 Max HP and Max Armor/Shield, +2% Movement Speed, -1% Dash/Primary Skill cooldown, +3% Weapon/Skill DMG.
[Launcher Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra Launcher drop.
[Pistol Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra Pistol drop.
[Sniper Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra Sniper drop.
[Shotgun Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra Shotgun drop.
[SMG Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra SMG drop.
[Injector Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra Injector drop.
[Rifle Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra Sniper drop.
[Melee Scavenger]: For every 50 enemies defeated, there is an extra Melee Weapon drop.

Adjustments
[Golden Touch]
Old: You can recycle weapons and scrolls at 20% selling price
New: You can recycle weapons and scrolls. For every weapon recycled, +2% Weapon DMG, up to 100%. For every scroll recycled, +10% Skill DMG, up to 100%.
[Flexible Strike]
Old: -75% cooldown of Soul Strike when it misses.
New: -3s Soul Strike cooldown.
[Thorny Cape]
Old: Remove all Elemental Effects upon losing 20% HP.
New: Remove all Elemental Effects and recover 10% HP upon losing 20% HP.
[Reliable Bun] shape changed from 2*2 to 1*2.
Optimized the description of [Meltdown].
Optimized the interaction of [Craftsman's Inheritor]. Now the number of scroll is displayed when selecting rewards.

Spiritual Ascensions
New
[Rapid Cast]-80% Primary Skill cooldown, -20% Weapon/Skill Total DMG.

Adjustments
[Instant Toxins]
Old: Smoke Grenade dissipates immediately after it explodes, dealing all intended DMG instantly.
New: +30% Smoke Grenade Total DMG. Smoke Grenade dissipates immediately after it explodes, dealing all intended DMG instantly.
[Spiritual Ignition]
Old: Cast [Spiritual Ignition] once upon Dashing, dealing Fire DMG and Burning Effect to all enemies within 10m.
New: Cast [Spiritual Ignition] for every 10m moved, dealing Fire DMG once to all enemies within 10m. The DMG is equivalent to a 50% charged [Spiritual Flame].
[Roving Orb] - optimized the explosion positions when you have [Energy Bolt].
[Be Right Back] - optimized the in effect time
[Blazing Nova] - optimized the backswing.
[Scorching Force] - optimized the description.
[Spiritual Goblets] Refresh Optimization: increased the weight of General Spiritual Ascensions, the same Spiritual Ascensions will not appear in the next refresh.

Occult Scroll Adjustments in Spiritual Assault:
New Scrolls:
Dual-edge
Veteran

Adjustments:
Veteran:
Old: +1 Max HP for each enemy you kill within 7m.
New: +1 Max HP for each enemy you kill within 7m (up to 200).
Enhanced Veteran:
Old: +1 Max Shield/Armor for each enemy you kill within 7m.
New: +1 Max Shield/Armor for each enemy you kill within 7m (up to 200).
Dual-edge:
Old: Gain 0.5% DMG dealt and 0.1% DMG taken for each enemy you kill.
New: Gain 0.5% DMG dealt and 0.1% DMG taken for each enemy you kill (up to 1500 stacks).
Enhanced Dual-edge:
Old: Gain 1% DMG dealt and 0.2% DMG taken (up to +20% DMG taken) for each enemy you kill.
New: Gain 1% DMG dealt (up to 1500 stacks) and 0.2% DMG taken (up to +20% DMG taken) for each enemy you kill.

Hero
Optimized the description of [Li’s] Ascension - [Molten Meteor].

Monster
[Gluttony]
Optimized the drop point of rock pillar.
Lowered the frequency of energy cannon attack when [Gluttony] is in low HP.
Lowered the damage reduction ratio when it doesn’t hit the weak spots.
Increased the backswing of energy cannon attack.
Increased the damage of hand sweep attack.
Fixed the display error when the phase changes.

[Spiritual Assault]
[Exploding Lantern Spirit] and [Pyro Lantern Spirit] no longer explode when they are defeated.
Reduced the stun duration of charge attack of [Catfish Man]
Optimized the teleport location of [Elite Monk].

Weapon
[Wheel Saw]
Enhanced skill requirements updated - If all Projectiles/attacks in a shot/Weapon Skill hit the enemy, the next Weapon Skill will be enhanced.
Optimized the cross hair animation.
Optimized the sound effect of weapon skill.

Stage
[Dragon Qian] Vault Challenge Updated:
Objective:
Find the real Dragon Qian and defeat it to get the reward!

Adjustments:
[Dragon Qian] now deploys [Copper Mine] that explode in while to the nearby area.
[Dragon Qian] can summon dummies to confuse players. The dummy [Dragon Qian] is lightly different from the real one.
[Freezing Timer] will appear in the Vault. Picking it up can [Chrono Freeze] the real [Dragon Qian].

Interaction
Added the Exclusive Inscription info at Weapon Logbook.
Team members can cancel the matchmaking right now.

Sounds
Optimized the EXP acquiring sound effects.

Graphics
New Option - Dynamic Graphic Adjustment: When FPS is too low, the graphic settings will be lowered automatically to have better FPS performance.
Optimized some effects when the Special Effect option is lo

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/GunfireReborn/status/1626234947722772480
https://twitter.com/GunfireReborn/status/1626219857678311430

New update incoming, it seems.

edit: Oh it's out already
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/3642885826025127240?l=english

Also roadmap for this year

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 17, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Did I have a weird run, or did they change the Gemini "share elemental advantage" inscription so that the elemental chances now average out? eg a 5% shock gauntlet + 40% decay pistol => 30% shock gaunt / 30% decay pistol. However it occurred, insta-applying 9 stacks of miasma is pretty strong.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I don't know, I remember they tweaked a pair of Gemini inscriptions a while ago.

I did a run yesterday, first time in a while. I got an early fire synergy and fire sword and melee focused build with bird, I was basically killing everyone in one or two hits. But I overspecialized, the build was good in normal encounters but not as hot against bosses, and the ichtosaur and it killed me, as it's hard to use melee weapons against him.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Fishstick posted:

Did I have a weird run, or did they change the Gemini "share elemental advantage" inscription so that the elemental chances now average out? eg a 5% shock gauntlet + 40% decay pistol => 30% shock gaunt / 30% decay pistol. However it occurred, insta-applying 9 stacks of miasma is pretty strong.

The numbers on elemental gauntlets are deceptive. Their RoF is insane enough that 5% is more than enough to proc elements like crazy. And then you can an inscription that bumps it up to 8%, IIRC.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 18, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

The numbers on elemental gauntlets are deceptive. Their RoF is insane enough that 5% is more than enough to proc elements like crazy. And then you can an inscription that bumps it up to 8%, IIRC.
The gaunt actually said 30% shock, which is why I ended up down this rabbithole. It wasn't a special gauntlet with an exclusive inscription or anything either, just a +100% elemental effect chance with a share elemental gemini with an aura of venom. Shoulda taken a screenshot in retrospect.

I don't think it was a scroll/buff effect because then Id assume the tooltip for both weapons would update with an increased chance, and not have one go from 40 -> 30 and the other from 5 -> 30

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Ohh sorry, I completely misunderstood. That is peculiar.

I don't remember outside buffs dynamically changing weapon cards in the first place, but maybe I'm wrong. I do remember there's a few spots where which gun is in which slot does matter, though that's mostly a Dog thing and wouldn't be related to elemental procs. And there's the +50% Elemental Effect Chance upon hitting an enemy inscription...but that wouldn't steal anything from the offhand weapon so huh...

I'm assuming this was post-patch? Seems likely they mucked with something then, intentionally or no.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Played a game with DNK and we both got super lucky, I had my atomic bomb and doubled secondary skill capacity and he ended up with 11 spiritual links, which is the most I've seen so far

didn't even feel like reincarnation 8 for most of it. also hard to see with the buffs but he has 400+ shields in that photo, and at times went to over 700 shields

I like the new chests that let you gamble for an enhanced scroll or choose one of your current ones to enhance

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

There is a new update with a new 'bizarre dream'. It's pretty fun, in the second and third 'rest points' (between stages), you can choose 3-4 random scrolls (from a selection of 3 each time), and each one will also give a similar bonus of the enemies. For example:

[Deflection Shield]
-50% DMG taken form enemies over 15m away, +50% DMG taken from enemies within 15m away.
[Paranormality]
Monster's Shields/Armor doubled. Monsters without shields/armor gain a shield equal to twice their maximum health, and then their maximum health is set to 1.
[Flesh and Bones]
Convert all Shield/Armor to HP and recover 3% max HP/s. (Effects on elite enemy are reduced by 80%)
[Lifesaver]
When HP is reduced to 0, HP is fixed at 1 for 1s. Each time of dealling DMG on enemies within this duration will recover 10% Max HP and 10% Max Shield/Armor. This effect will only trigger once.
[Resolute]
+50% Movement Speed and +25% DMG when your Shield/Armor is 0. Doubles the time a shield rests before recharging.
[Elemental Power]
When affected by Elemental Effect, there is a 50% chance to spread theElemental Effect to the player.

So it isn't the same as the player, but somewhat similar and lessened effect, with a few of them modified more as it wouldn't make sense otherwise. At first a pair of these effects don't change a lot, but very much like with your build, once enough are piled on top of others, some surprising ocmbos may appear.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

New Spiritual Assault map has been released. No other changes, apart from some bug fixing.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/GunfireReborn/status/1658109986180943872

New dlc incoming!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Finally, Gaige

Except I don't have to play a twenty hour campaign to get my build going

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/GunfireReborn/status/1658472391507582980

Its looking like it will be like the first DLC, 2 characters + a few weapons?

i hoped for a new environment at some point. :(

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

https://twitter.com/GunfireReborn/status/1658472391507582980

Its looking like it will be like the first DLC, 2 characters + a few weapons?

i hoped for a new environment at some point. :(

the starting area sucks

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I dunno about a totally new area but alternative biomes for each area (except mountain maybe) honestly would immensely improve the game.

I'm digging Owl and Red Panda as animal choices for the characters though.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

And the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7A0pmDNnM

June 1st.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

They added a Brick as a weapon

Now we just need a Frog class

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
The Red Panda's arm looks weird to me, like an extreme case of sun burn or a burn victim... I guess it's the lack of fur.

New weapons look cool though, and seems quite unique.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Make more animals with boobs, you cowards.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
That the Owl is apparently going to be heavily Scroll based in the way they've outlined is liable to lead to way more builds than perhaps the other characters to date---though I've yet to see what in the world the mech is doing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm very excited for the new addition to the arsenal,

brick

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Runa posted:

brick

finally, gunfire players can get bricked up

goty

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Runa posted:

brick

It's a wuxia and xian xia genre classic. Honestly impressed it took them so long to add

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:3:

victrix fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 1, 2023

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, it's out already, because they are in China, I guess. No need to wait for PST time.

So, how is it?

Release notes
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/3731840159861709357?l=english

edit:

" The [Bizarre Dream] now offers two additional Modes: [Transcendent Arsenal] and [Ascension Fusion]. In the [Transcendent Arsenal], you can collect your favorite weapons, while in [Ascension Fusion], you can use Ascensions from different heroes to create unique BD. "
waaat

"Finally, we get some exciting news to share with everyone: “Gunfire Reborn" has surpassed 3 million copies in global sales for the PC version!!"

"In this updates we add more than 20 occult scrolls and adjust the effect of more than 10 occult scrolls."
New goodies!

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 1, 2023

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The two new classes are wildly broken, we took them through two easy coop runs swapping back and forth

Mech raccoon says 'pew pew' when you fire her shoulder mounted macross missile launcher :kimchi:

Sage bird (who is extremely distinguished, manners maketh owl) just flings cards all day err day

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I haven't played (work!) but looking at the ascensions of the red panda, it seems she can do a Itano circus with her secondary (extra missiles, tracking missile, extra damage of successive misiles, etc). First build I will try!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Havent been able to play yet but as someone who loves his swarm missiles this is all good news to me

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Ive read the skill descriptions for owl like 10 times and I still don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fishstick posted:

Ive read the skill descriptions for owl like 10 times and I still don't get it

It looks a bit overloaded tbh, it might make more sense in practice. Gonna be experimenting tonight to try and figure it out, will post results.