Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

WhiteHowler posted:

Even in stock Deep Rock Galactic, the missions are extremely short. Rarely more than 20-25 minutes unless you're doing a multi-mission Deep Dive.

Not the OP, but I find that 20-25 minutes are too long and I don’t even have a kid yet. 10-15 min is my ideal loop for something that I may play solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Runa posted:

I'll be perfectly honest my perfect pick-up-and-play shooter game would somehow combine both of them

Same. They both scratch different itches in the right way, but the spots are so close together I wish they overlapped more.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
I don’t want Roboquest in Gunfire or vice versa. I just wish there was a game that melded the two. Not sure where the balance would be, but sometimes Gunfire is a little too slow and too scroll dependent, and Roboquest is too fast and too gun dependent.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Runa posted:

If there was a game that had the variety of content and fine tuning of difficulty curve of Roboquest but the variety of characters and abilities of Gunfire, and a gamefeel that sat somewhere between the two, it would be my ideal roguelite shooter.

More or less this.