Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
The new character slaps if you want to make numbers get big, I'm loving it at normal so far. Kicking the difficulty up a few notches might make the novelty wear thin with thing being more spongy, but I'm cackling with glee atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
In my view the game is simply 100 percent balanced around coop. With someone to pick you up if you get oneshot, and with sharing weapons and scrolls help with bad lot drops a lot of the problems just disappear.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evil Kit posted:

edit: It should be noted that the reason Tiger really really likes snipers is that his primary ability Fatal Current triggers bases the Thunder Strike damage from hitting an enemy with a shot from your weapon on the base damage of that weapon. Bigger base damage number = more damage from Thunder Strike!

This also works juuuuust fine with rocket launchers BTW :gritin:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Im_Special posted:

Who knew about this?

If you say yes, you're full of poo poo.

I thought that was common knowledge.

I've still to find the chest in the third world jumping puzzle though and am too stubborn to look it up.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The bird is my least favorite for multiplayer indeed, you either get a cleave damage build off the ground and suck all the air out of the room for the others, or fail to get last hits/talents and just kind of waffle around at the mercy of weapon and talent rng. If you can get enough of the shotgun talents that can also be pretty effective.

Osmosisch fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 1, 2021

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fishstick posted:

Ive been playing this for a week or so and am a level 70ish doing elite runs. Which leads me to my question: how do you deal with Elite Monks? The AE "gently caress-you" area is huge, and they seemingly heal to full everytime they teleport? Took down a group of 4 of us after we plinked it for 5 minutes and just gave up because we weren't making a dent in it.

In our case we mainly just out-dps it, which i realize is not a very helpful answer. Make sure you've got some team synergy going on with elemental reactions and such.

It's absolutely key to get out of the AoE when you can though because it's leeching your health so that's what it's causing it to heal.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One tip (besides having people clear boulders for you with their face) is that your movement speed changes depending on which weapon you have out, with melee being fastest, followed by the Forge.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gunfire Reborn - Smack your dragon to reload

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oof, I feel you. Gunfire has been the go-to game for me and 2 buddies to play on our weekly game night, so I've seen everything the game has to offer, but I can't imagine doing the tougher difficulties solo.

Getting resurrected by a friend is core to my gameplay experience. How else can I justify going zero survivability if not leaning on my partners? As long as my numbers are biggest at the end of the run.

Lightning Tiger is probably also one of the tougher characters to solo with on top of that. Bunny's probably easiest, fast and continually making more shields with her sword talent.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evil Kit posted:

I bet. Gonna do a run with Panda tonight, the only reason I didn't was someone already mentioned they were busted and wanted to try and parse Yugi-Owl for myself.

I wonder if the devs were expecting this or are surprised at how strong they are.

They have seemed extremely content to release ever more powerful stuff, and also let the game scale back in ever more extreme ways. I'm here for it.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

I know, that's what I'm saying. If I had to lose a few weapon levels to enable triple elements, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

I think the core of this discussion is around that fact that especially in the later levels, 'few' means 10 or more, which is pretty steep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to be switching weapons mid-fight all the time, but I definitely would appreciate feeling freer to experiment with whatever drops. I actually think the weapon upgrading is a bit of a drag on the game. If it's gotta say in, a way to transfer levels between weapons, and perhaps have a couple of inventory slots you can keep spares in instead of having to leave someting behind if you want to try something new would help a lot.