Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
5 hours in. Favorite gun so far is the lightning ball one. I feel like a nice quality of life would be a quick melee for those mobs with a sliver of health.

FWIW, in the first boss room, you can skirt the perimeter of the arena so you are better positioned before the cutscene. Seems like the 2nd boss cutscene starts immediately though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
I'm having trouble figuring out the mechanics of the Bird boss in the 2nd biome.

On death, the help text says to shoot the vortexes? But are those the whirlpool-quicksand things or the tornado thing? Either way seems like I shoot through them with no hit marker. I've seen some purple damage numbers a couple times but haven't figured out how that happens yet.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

I didn't even know this is a thing you could do, I guess that's what I get for ignoring help texts. I assume it would be the tornado that chases you, the ground traps seem like they ignore any interaction other than being walked on or dashed out of. Purple damage text means you're getting a double up on a Lucky Shot proc by having anywhere between 101% to 200% Lucky Shot chance, if you've hit 200% Lucky Shot chance it'll always be purple text. Red text means you managed to triple up Lucky Shot and have between 201% and 300% Lucky Shot chance.

Lucky Shot chance is real good.

Yeah... the whole fight seems poorly explained by the mechanics, especially as they are very punishing once you're in the tornado. I had thought getting caught in the tornado was where the "Dash to break free!" text came from... and if it's the tornado, I wonder if it's when the boss goes invuln. I got hit markers then but it was a whole mess of wooshy wind graphics and I had no idea what I was actually hitting.

I didn't know that about the text! I usually see red/yellow pretty close together so figured one was head shot/crit damage and the other was lucky.