Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Was reminded that I had this game because of the roguelike thread (thanks Evil Kit), so I thought hey why not try out the red panda with her robot buddy. The game then proceeds to not give me any robot-based ascensions so I just ended up with a gotta-go-fast pistol build instead:

https://i.imgur.com/aOs2Kgz.mp4
Must admit it was hella effective though! But also I guess I gotta do another run where I can actually make use of her new mechanics lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

I don't understand the red panda's shoulder missiles. The first run I did with her, I was able to hold down the secondary button and launch a stream of missiles. On my run just now, I never got this option despite taking multiple levels in the ascension that seems to do this. It only ever fired one missile.
IIRC the ascension for this only has one level, so you probably didn't get the right one. Did you maybe confuse it with the one that's for birbbot's missile barrage?

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Probably.

I love this game but the descriptions of most of the abilities are hot garbage.
Yea they really ought to do a second pass on pretty much all the English text, item descriptions are often vague as well.

... although in this case it's quite explicit about it, so you probably didn't even see the ascension in the first place:

quote:

Hold the Secondary Skill button to rapidly fire the Secondary Skill. There is a 50% chance to consume no uses.