Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I have my eye put on this game, it's on my wishlist, but I'm one to wait until games are out of EA , or at least 'almost out of EA', like Hades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The newest update adds some routes

Level
Add new routes for Longling-Tomb Stage 1, Anxi Desert Stage 1, and Shoreside Valley

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

Dead thread RIP.

Anyway I picked up RoboQuest during the recent sale hoping for more the same, and boy does RoboQuest lack in a lot of ways, everything is so bland in that game, enemies are just side stepping target dummies, or even worse, just stationary... and all the guns are just your standard stock Counter-Strike tropes guns like AK47, etc. It's faster paced I'll give it that though, oh and it also lacks some serious content, 6ish hours and I've already unlocked all the meta-progression stuff, oh well I guess.

Gunfire really hammered the sweet spot in this genre, and now I appreciate this game a heck of a lot more now after playing RoboQuest. Oof.

/Virgin RoboQuestion vs. Chad Gunfire Meme

Well, I guess I should post here what I wrote two days ago in the roguelike thread:

quote:

There are two roguelite FPS with cartoon graphics and metaprogression in EA, both are cheap (between 10 and 14€) and both have Overwhelmingly Possitive steam reviews : RoboQuest and Gunfire Reborn. I'm intrigued by both and by the mere fact games that similar are being developed in parallel, as if people in different parts of the world noticed there was a market for this, so I decided to try them for ~80-90 min each, and refund them if I'm not convinced, or keep them, or maybe wait until t hey are out of EA.

RoboQuest has very nice gunplay feel for a indie game and despite the variety on weapons, which seems pretty good. There are uzis, sniper rifles, dual pistols, ak47 clones, grenade launchers, flare gun, carbines, shotguns, throwing knives, dual crossbows, laser pistols, beam weapons and more. Movement is silky smooth, too.
However, the combat itself is just decent, and it's a pity because it could been better.

The first issue for me is the double combo of 2 weapon limit + infinite ammo. Technically, there is a starting artifact you can choose to increase the limit to three, however that means giving up another weapon. I would have made the base game limit 3, and 4 with the artifact. In any case, the biggest issue is no having ammo management whatsoever.
It also doesn't have a quick grenade throw button. Well, in fact there are no grenades. Come on, if you are going to copy Halo/Borderlands combat, at least copy all of it. This, together have no ammo management, makes the FPS experience feels more sparse and basic, it's all about just shooting accurately and avoiding enemy fire (all enemies are projectile based) quick enough.
You at least have a single ability that you can use depending on your class, and well, it's all a copy of stuff we have seen before: stealth for a few seconds + extra damage or first short, put a barrier you can shoot through, deploy a turret, etc. It was dull when Borderlands 1 did it many years ago, and it's even more dull now.

The second issue is the enemy design and variety. First problem, like the title indicates, it's all robots as far as the eye can see. The don't react to being shot with pain states, nor shout, nor there is gore, and I know this is making me sound like a psychopath lol, but it lost some part of the visceral feel that other games have.
The second problem is that most basic enemies are very similar and there isn't a lot of types. The three basic robots are almost interchangeable, after that we have a turret that is just a turret, and a flying one that it just hovers not doing a lot. They all move slow, and they shoot similar projectiles, with similar RoF and projectile speed.
There are advanced versions of the enemies that are slightly more interesting and more differentiated (although still nothing great), they appear from the second world onwards (after the first boss), butt the first world is dull as hell after the first 7 or 8 playthroughs. Later there are levels with a single new enemy. Still not enough imo, they need 4-5 more enemies, and more interesting ones at that. Where are robots that are able to charge at you? Where are the robots who can repair their allies? Or use stealth camo? You get the idea.

Something I liked is the enemies dropping xp orbs upon killing them, you only have 10? seconds to collect them, so you can't play passively firing from afar, or you will miss the xp.

The build variety is also not very good. You have three slots to put cores, that are just +1, +2, +3 bonus to two stats (see image)

which produces a way of playing that usually is just "pick the highest rated cores the RNG gives you, and then limit yourself to shooting weapons of that color", hurting weapon choice even more.

You also gain a perk every time you level up, but many are things like "+% dmg to non elemental weapons", or "+dmg to melee", "+% dmg in close rage", "critical dmg increases when you don't crit", "crit has a change of doing shock dmg", stuff like that, I don't find them particularly interesting. One allows you to have a shield like in BL. Some examples

<a pair of hours later>

Gunfire Reborn seems the better game, which is interesting as it’s the cheaper game too. This is still very first impression, of course, and both are in EA, so RoboQuest could improve more.
Visually it looks slightly weird at first, with the flat shaded but colorful cartoon visual style, anthropomorphic animals as protagonists and enemies that are a bit too short, they almost seem ‘chibi’ cartoons.

But the gunplay is as good as Roboquest, and it has:

-Quick grenade button, and more interesting to use active skill. Both have effects that can change depending on your build.
-Weapon with ammo capacity, and three types of ammo pools.
-More differentiated classes, with different stats, active skill, passives tree and throwable item.
-More advanced metaprogression (with an entire talent tree screen)
-More advanced build progression: shop sellers, smiths that upgrade your weapons or reroll your affixes, more interesting weapon affixes, three skill trees to progress in each run, occult scrolls with unique effects (with rarities, and cursed ones), etc. In general I see more substantial changes done to your character with the ascensions and scrolls than in Roboquest timid approach.
-Weapons are well done, in that there are several assault rifles, smgs, etc, but in addition of slightly different stats, each one has some unique feature, like throwing it as an explosive, or it reloads while not in use, or can pierce, or it has two fire modes, etc.
-More enemies, and with more variety. I have seen spearmen who dashes and an aoe attack, grenade throwers, big guys with shield who had to be paralyzed and shot from the sides or wait until they present an opening, crossbowmen, some small melee critters, bombers who carry explosive above their heads, spear throwers, etc.Looking at the wiki, there are many more.
-There are enemies with armor bars or shield bars in addition to hp. There is a whole system of status effects and elemental damage, even combos you can do.

Some other differences is that RoboQuest has you double jumping and sprint around, while in Gunfire you can’t sprint (you can dash, but it has a cooldown) and there is no double jump. In Gunfire you have a recharging shield from the start.

I think Roboquest will be eventually be a decent game, but right now Gunfire is better and honestly, I don't see Roboquest reaching the same level, Gunfire has a better base and more content coming too.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Gunfire's still good, but I've done all the things there are to do in it so far.

My gaming group is heavy into Deep Rock Galactic, which is a similarly team-based co-op shooter but has much better endgame progression.

I have 108 hours in Gunfire and 250 in DRG, and I still feel like there's a ton for me to do in DRG.

DRG is the hidden GOTY 2020 so yeah.

But in any case DRG is a more straighforward FPS 4-coop in the vein of L4D, so it doesn't really compete with Gunfire in the roguelite aspect of having runs with randomness, etc.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yay, in the same game I unlocked the bird and got to the second boss for the first time. He killed me, of course, but at least it's something.
It was a game with the cat, and I focused on elemental fire damage, and I could get a nice synergy between ascensions and scrolls in that regard. I guess that's the key once you reach the mid game, you need some combo going for whatever character you have. I also took my time, instead of running and gunning like crazy, which given the Cat bigger shield it makes sense, in the end I died in the 55:00 mark. Once they release the new location, each match will need some time to be played.

I guess it's because I still have several weapons locked, but I was thinking the other day how weird the game has many weapons but not a normal assault rifle-like weapon. Cavalry is a three burst rifle, Big Hippo is a minigun, Lightning Blast is more similar to a normall AR in ROF/magazine but it shoots lightning balls. Dragonchaser and Rainbor Arch could be more normall ARs, but I still have them locked.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

About Deep Rock Galactic, I could never get into this, I picked up 3 copies for me, my bother and cousin so we all could play something together because COVID has literally killed all family gatherings, but due to random scheduling, I've yet to be able to get us all in the same game together, and my brother doesn't play games much anyway, so I've been mostly playing it solo, and to me it's soooo tedious in many areas, I personally don't like any of the mining/digging, so that's like 50% of the game right there, and the progression is hella grindy for a non-Korean MMO, it's really dumb to lock gameplay stuff like guns and overclocks that change the way you play behind such a slow grind. But I can still acknowledge DRG is a good game as a L4D alternative to zombies, and no doubt is made 10x better by playing it in a CHAD group of 4 friends all laughing and joking around vs. my VIRGIN solo playing, so yeah, random pubs just don't do it for me, and as a solo game it kinda just sucks. 90 bucks down the drain on that one!

One of the main DRG high points is how adequate it is for public coop play. From little things like the revival system being more forgiving, to the jolly atmosphere created by the game (Rock and Stock! No dwarf is left behind!), to the good ways to communicate without needing voice comms. So try public games. Or try the coop goon Discord, of course. With more players, there will be more action, and once you level up a bit you can play higher difficulties that also have more action.
That said, there is always mining to do.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I beat the second boss this afternoon. In fact, I have to say that, 11 hours in, I suddenly improved a lot in the game, a mix of getting to know at this point the classes, the enemies, how to combo the elemental effects, etc, and also a bit of help with the metaprogression, of course.

I'm kinda thinking of pausing my progress for now, because I don't want to burn myself on it several months before it's properly released with all the content.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I reached the second area of Duo Fjord.

I have to say that now I'm starting to think the game needs some other difficulty between Normal and Elite. Now the game only has challenge once I reach Desert 3, it seems to me there will be a big gap in between the two difficulties, the metaprogression is a bit too strong to make the game equally interesting at both the first location and the last one.

On the other hand I have to say my last run was one of the most fun things I've played in the last weeks. It was with Bird, with a scroll for extra move speed and another one to receive a -dmg % received buff. Well, that and half a dozen legendaries more, and a build based on cleave. I had 22 cleaves max and an ability that would give me 30 armor per enemy killed. Pure old run & gun.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 19, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

That's one of the reason to wait for 1.0 version to be honest, as you will be able to progress in all of them simultaneusly, instead of having to play x runs every time they release a few new weapons.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

In the discord, in one of the announcements channel, the have uploaded this:

So console and mobile versions are coming.
Also, it seems the new update with the new hero will come in two days.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think mobile gaming is even bigger in Asia than here, so I understand they have to try it.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Not only new class but two new weapons, several new areas for the levels, new elite and new alternative boss? Great!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

Goddamn the new boy is frail. I guess that's the price you pay for just having like 4 different stackable ways you can make your E in to an effortless room clear with goblets though.

He is the squishiest, but also he is faster than Bird. So if people thought "slow, steady sniper" maybe they weren't having the full picture. Maybe he can be played well too in a run & gun style.

A video of someone looking at him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCip3tonkUw&t=660s

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I have seen some ridiculous poo poo with him already, in special the ascension that makes him summon lightning bolts around while using his primary skill. poo poo was dying around him without him having to aim, fire, etc. I won't be surprised if he is toned down in a week.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

Just booted up to play one run to unlock Tiger's hero talents and uuhhh

you're a loving lightning wizard, not a sniper. :science:

He has like 2 sniper related ascensions and a dozen for 'lightning wizard', heh.

Bugfixes in update some minutes ago

quote:

01/29 BUG Fixes Announcement
Fixed the issue that in co-op mode, when Wind God turns into tornado and chases after players, if a player who isn't being chased is knocked down, Wind God may be invincible forever
Fixed the issue that Elite Kappa may be stuck in the midair
Fixed the issue when Lei Luo has both "Magical Supply" and "Thunder Turbo" ascensions, killing monsters with "Thunderstrike" won't stack layers for "Thunder Turbo"
Fixed the issue that if elite monster/boss is killed by Lei Luo's talent "Sniper", dropped sniper rifle can be picked up by any players
Fixed the issue that monsters will go to other area in Longling Tomb-Stage 4
Fixed the issue that players may not be able to complete Duo Fjord
Fixed the issue that there are some portals, peddlers and golden treasure chests in the area which players can't access in Duo Fjord-Stage 3
Fixed the issue that players can't interact with some portals of the vault in Duo Fjord-Stage 1
Fixed the issue that elite monsters are spawned out of the map in Duo Fjord-Stage 2

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

Fulminous Zap III + Thunder Nemesis III is the funniest poo poo in this game, funnier even than +6m bone dragon on Ao Bai
Just aiming my bow at people and watching a random lightning strike kill them before the arrow reaches their head, 30 times a battle.

It reminds me of Risk of Rain 2!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I have to praise the game for the metaprogression, it really doesn't feel like a grind at all (of course, it helps when the game is so fun); it's very well paced. In the 16 hours, I always obtained 1-2 upgrades (and a pair of times 3) after each run, and in most runs I got something unlocked too, be a new weapon, a new scroll or a new character. There were a few runs where I didn't unlock anything, but in others I got 3-4 items.
Of course that progression will end at some point, but it's a good way to attract new players with constant feeling of progression while also are really learning the game and improving their skills, and by adding weapons and scrolls to the pool progressively they also can try them out bit by bit.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 31, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I like the player page, you can see your past runs and what items you had.

In my last run I was doing it pretty well as a sniper, I had the ascension that gives 100% damage to sniper shots on the same target, and thunderstrike with the 300% dmg ascension. In fact I found a scroll with a clear synergy for it, as it protected me with -90% damage for enemy shots from more than 15mts away, in exchange of receiving +90% damage for enemy shots. Also others like Penetration Bullet, Hawkeye Sight, and Rock Hard Determination (extra dmg if you are still).
This said, this kind of glass cannon build crumbled the moment a shark enemy with a hook caught me. Suddenly I was in close range and received the extra +90 % damage. :(

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

This is definitely one of those "trap" scrolls you should avoid, like always,

I totally knew that picking it up could be the cause of my death, but I thought, 'hell, if I should try to do a build around that, it should be in THIS build, that already was focusing on fighting from afar'.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Does anyone know how the orange inscription works? I don't see any mark when I aim someone with the scope.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I like how the metap. advances but... it creates an issue in that as your power increases, there is a time window where you are still not powerful enough to beat the game and unlock Elite difficulty, but powerful enough for the first half of the game to be trivial. Once I play a few more runs I should be able to unlock Eilte, then I guess the game will challenging enough during most of the time run.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yesterday I did a few more silly runs (one where I obtained the legendary item, Dual Edge, that gives you +1% dmg done and +0.2% dmg received per kill very early was interesting, although eventually it killed me), and finally in a better run I got to the final boss. Which killed me. or to be more exact, some random enemy appeared and applied a slow, that was what killed me.

Then again, the game gave me an incredible run where lots of scrolls and ascensions and weapons synergized so reaching the boss was easy! I unlocked the Talisman in this run, which as you may know, it has low damage but it flies with some auto-aim to the enemies and it hits the weak point doing CritX damage.
In that very same run I had the legendary scroll that multiplies CritX damage but reduces normal damage (a non factor for the talisman!) and two extra scrolls (lone ranger and lone shot) and one talent that increased dmg/critX if I fought from afar (which I could easily given the autoaim) and some other good stuff like Penetration Bullet , and a tiger build focused on Fatal Current which also sinergize with damage dealt from afar.

So all together, I was one shotting normal enemies and two shotting the more tanky ones with the Talisman, from a far and without even needing to aim well.
In the end, I lost because my inexperience with this boss, not because lack of damage.

Some other thoughts:
Frenzied Shark is the worst weapon.
Once you got all the permanent ammo improvements (and you are not playing dog who consumes more ammo), there are 4-5 scrolls to gain ammo that are worthless, the game gives you plenty ammo boxes by default.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Feb 4, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Also

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I should have done it 5 or 6 runs ago, but finally on the 38th run:

I also unlocked 3 weapons (Scalpel, Pupil and Laser Gloves) and 4 scrolls at the same time, nice.
In fact I was starting to notice a repetition with the scrolls, despite having more than 100, on the third act you have a good amount of them so chances are, you will have several you had already on the previous run.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, yesterday night I played a pair of of elite runs to see how it was, and I can see how as everything is more tanky, ammo consumption is bigger.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sestze posted:

It feels like some of the things in this game need a bit more tuning. I ran into an elite catfish soldier for the first time in a run and he performed an instant transmission attack that blinked around the arena and then one-shotted me with a katana hit.

I think I was killed in the same way the other day. Thanks god I had the scroll that gives you 3 lives.

I wish they review some of the curses. -50% crit damage is pretty big in a game like this, so focused on hitting on weak points.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm having some problems fighting elites in the Elite difficulty, if I find one of them too soon on one of the vault of the first location before I have a decent weapon (even more with the Dog, where the primary skill is to use 2 weapons, maybe I still don't have 2 weapons that can be dual wielded at that point!).
I guess these is one of those moments where it's easier in coop, where a mate can supply the weakness of another.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WarpedLichen posted:

How much meta prog do I need before normal feels doable? Right now I'm around meta 25 and the 2nd world consistently wrecks me, I've gotten to the boss only once.

Level 50-55, in solo.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

If y'all want I do have some general trips for every Elite (except Kappa, every time I've seen it since the updated it's been instantly gibbed) I can write up an :effortless: post. Arsonist in particular has That One Weird Tip that's completely counterintuitive for dealing with it.

Effort posts are always welcomed.

Btw, there is no section in the wiki for the enemies affixes right? Resistive, powerful, agile,all that.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Pasha posted:

Well, maybe that is why I rarely get far into World 2! I would assume that the talents that give you multiple grenades and way more grenade damage would be worth it, but maybe not ...

Are "grenades" for the new character (lightning tiger?) equally as bad? They seem to be pretty decent in World 1 at least.

I beat the game (on Normal) with a build focused on them, so they are better.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mister No posted:

is it a new end of act 3 boss? i've played quite a bit since the white cat came out and i haven't seen that yet

No, it's an alternative boss for stage 2.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

Elite Spearman: Spin to win in an Elite nutshell. Has a huge Armor pool so a Corrosion weapon is very helpful, both to burn through the armor bar AND the Corrosion status effect to keep it CC'd. Spacing is key, you should never walk toward this Elite if you can help it. Once you break it's armor bar it goes down quickly. Dog will have the most trouble with this Elite without a Corrosion weapon due to being not quite fast enough to escape,

Oh, this happened me a pair of times. I didn't know why I was struggling more with him, but it's this, he isn't as fast as the last two heroes nor it has the cat's cc.

Dog's grenades are the weakest of the four, but still, it's nice to have with two extra damage ascensions, so help against shielded enemies, to bypass their shield.

edit:

I was thinking. It didn't occur to me before in my noobness, but tiger (leopard?) isn't the one with an embedded synergy with a weapon class.

Tiger => affinity with sniper weapons, shock damage
Dog => affinity with explosive weapons, elemental weapons (as dual wielding makes easy to apply the combo), but he has to avoid two handed weapons like bows or the talisman (can't be used in dual wielding).
Cat => affinity with elemental weapons of course, corrosion damage in special because nades.
Bird => Close ranged weapons like shotguns, as in any case he is going to be close his enemies given the skills. This is made more explicit by a single ascension, Victory Rush, which can be triggered easily with shotguns.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 6, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

SkyeAuroline posted:

But weirdly, doesn't seem to work correctly with shotguns.
Re: earlier discussion, yeah, alternating between solo runs and co-op with one friend, the game doesn't seem tuned for solo as much as it does for multiplayer. Definitely have more fun with the latter, at least.

Maybe because it's based on the projectile damage, and shotguns have several projectiles of low damage.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

Who knew about this?

If you say yes, you're full of poo poo.

I knew about it. In fact, the first 'secret' area I noticed was on the desert map, and after a few hours of play, I noticed all 'platform' challenges have alternative secret areas. That one is easy to find, eventually your eye catches onto the flame of wall flamethrower in some random run, once you notice it it's clear it's a secret because what would be the point of placing a flamethrower there?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Last update. Rebalance of the last hero, some new routes for maps 2 and 3, weapon upgrades are slightly cheaper.

quote:

Balance Adjustments for Lei Luo:</b>

* **[Talents]**
Content Adjustment on Lv.2 Talent:
1. Original: Remove the elemental effect immediately after releasing [Fatal Current], and the damage taken in the next 2 seconds will be reduced by 60%
Adjusted: After casting [Fatal Current], remove self elemental effect immediately. In the next 2s, gain immunity to elemental effect and reduce DMG taken by 60%
2. Get a "patrimonial" sniper rifle
Now provide a better "patrimonial" sniper rifle
3. Added: -0.2s cooldown of [Fatal Current] upon every hit causing by [Chain Lightning]
4. Added: Summon a thunderbolt to strike on the target when [Chain Lightning] only hits one enemy
5. Original: After killing an enemy 15 meters away with a crit hit, the weapon damage will be increased by 0.5% permanently
Adjusted: After killing an enemy 15 meters away with a crit hit, the weapon damage will be increased by 0.3% permanently

* **[Skills]**
1. [Chain Lightning]: Adjusted base DMG from 500 to 600
2. The bonus weapon damage of [Thunderstrike] caused by [Fatal Current] is decreased from 200% to 100%
3. The cooldown time of [Fatal Current] will start counting after the state ends

* **[Ascensions]**
1. Fulminous Zap:
Original: -80% movement speed of the enemy hit by [Fatal Current] for 0.2s/0.3s/0.4s
Adjusted: 0.4s/0.6s/1s
2. Lightning from void: Have chance to trigger [Chain Lightning] by dealing critical hit. The base trigger probability of weapon with 4x CritX is increased from 50% to 70%
3. Super Charge:
Original: Recharge 3/4/6 shield for each damage dealt by [Chain Lightning]
Adjusted: Max Shield +20/30/40 for 5/6/8s after [Chain Lightning] inflicts damage, and recharge 4/5/8 shield each hit caused by [Chain Lightning]
4. Storm Blast: [Thunderstrike] no longer triggers a crit hit necessarily when the ascension is at Lv.3
5. Magical Supply:
Original: Once [Thunderstrike] kills the enemy, the ammo consumed will be recovered and [Fatal Current] will be launched. However, -25% duration for this [Fatal Current], down to 2s
Adjusted: Once [Thunderstrike] kills an enemy, the ammo consumed will be recovered and [Fatal Current] will be launched with -30% duration

Interface UI:

* Heroes' icons in the mini map will not cover up monsters

Special Effects & Models:

* Reduced some special effects from teammates when teaming up

* Optimized the special effects of Portals in [Longling Tomb], [Anxi Desert] and [Duo Fjord]

* Optimized [Lei Luo]’s model and animation effect

Levels:

* Reduced HP of stone monsters in [Basement of Longling]

* Optimized spawn parameters of monsters in [Basement of Longling], [Desert Ruins] and [Shoreside Valley]

* Reduce the difficulty of reaching some places in [Anxi Desert] and [Duo Fjord]

* Added a new route in [Anxi Desert-Stage 2]

* Added a new route in [Anxi Desert-Stage 3]

* Added a new route in [Duo Fjord-Stage 1]

* Adjusted the challenge event [All monsters will constantly recover HP] to [After monsters are injured, 60% HP DMG taken will be recovered over 4s].

* The effect of the challenge event [Fewer monsters remains, stronger attributes they have] now can also boost movement speed of enemies.

* Increased the healing parameter in the challenge event [Monster will cure other monsters around based on lost HP].

* Increased the spawn rate of traps, reduced DMG caused by traps, and shortened the duration for traps in the challenge event [Traps will be spawned beneath the hero once in a while].

Weapons:

* New Mechanism for [Frenzied Shark]: The detection radius would be increased based on the number of bounces (won't exceed the AoE radius)

* Optimized Mechanism for [Shrieker]:
Base DMG: 605->555
CritX: 2.0->1.5
Piercing: 2->1
Explosion Range: 4m-> 3m when hitting an enemy, 5m when hitting a barrier
Charge Time: 1.32s->0.9s

Other Systems:

* Adjusted the amount of coins dropped, and reduced the cost for upgrading weapons

Monsters:

* Adjustments to defensive and shielding monsters:

* **[Defensive]:**
Damage caused by hitting enemies' weaknesses would not be affected by the damage reduction
In [Longling Tomb] & [Basement of Longling], defensive enemies would receive 40% damage reduction for their non-weakness spots being hit
In [Anxi Desert] & [Desert Ruins], defensive enemies would receive 50% damage reduction for their non-weakness spots being hit
In [Duo Fjord] & [Shoreside Valley], defensive enemies would receive 60% damage reduction for their non-weakness spots being hit

* **[Shielding]:**
In [Longling Tomb] & [Basement of Longling], shielding enemy would offer 10% of max HP or max shield/armor (if any) to itself and all enemies nearby
In [Anxi Desert] & [Desert Ruins], shielding enemy would offer 20% of max HP or max shield/armor (if any) to itself and all enemies nearby
In [Duo Fjord] & [Shoreside Valley], shielding enemy would offer 30% of max HP or max shield/armor (if any) to itself and all enemies nearby

* Adjusted the hitbox of the weaknesses on [Ichthyosaurus Offspring] during phase 1

Daily Challenges:

* Daily challenge effect adjustment:
The bonus effect [After revival, enemy's HP -50% while attack and movement speed greatly increase] of [Resurgency] is now a main effect
The bonus effect [When you have different numbers of Legendary Scrolls and Cursed Scrolls, +30% lucky shot chance for each difference] of [Unpredictable Fortune] is tweaked. Now each difference would grant 40% lucky shot chance
In [Economic Pressure], destroying summoned enemies would no longer deduct copper. And players cannot apply elemental effect to pots
Normal ammo no longer dropped in [Elite Sniper]

* Added titles of bonus effects in daily challenges

Bug Fixes:

[several bug fixes]

Oh yeah and the game is 21% off.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I played some hours of Anthem, now that it's on Gamepass, and I could only think how crazy it is that that small indie games like Gunfire were better, despite the big number of years and millions of dollars.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

When is the next content update? Not soon enough :/

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/3050602862757980795
There are several weapon, scrolls and hero balance changes inside. Some of them are pretty good.

quote:

The next major update, which includes a new hero, a new boss, new weapons and more, will be released this summer. Please stay tuned.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 29, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

New talents coming apart from a new hero
https://twitter.com/GunfireReborn/status/1396394982995419137

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/3010073003003529523

quote:

Based on the current development progress, we decide to release the major update in mid-June.
The new features in this major update include: a long-anticipated heroine, a new random boss in Act 3, new weapons and adjustments to some legacy weapons, new occult scrolls and Talent 2.0. We're still tweaking and adjusting the new content, especially the new talent system.

I'm curious of what the talent 2.0 will be. It doesn't sound like just adding a few more talents. So is it going to be a more comprehensive rework? Try to make the game less dependent on metaprogression maybe?

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

IMO right now the metaprogression with the talents is too strong, and you can notice it because once you have enough of them, the early game is way too easy, trivial even. But you can't ignore them or the late game will kick your rear end; so right now there isn't a way to enjoy the 100% of a run. Both the difficulty progression between levels and the metaprogression should be reduced somehow.

The new character seems to have an enchanted/living flying sword, so it could work a bit like a pet, accompanying you and automatically attacking enemies around you. Same concept as Dead Cell's Serenade.